Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Update firmware from Lync server disables Paging.

SOLVED
Valued Contributor

Update firmware from Lync server disables Paging.

We had Paging option on our VVX phones. When I configured and pushed update from Lync server, the paging option is removed. I think I should be able to enable it from the Web Interface of the phone (I did not try it), but I do not want to do it. It was before and should be enabled after the phone updated from Lync server.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Update firmware from Lync server disables Paging.

Hello  KPABA,

it is always extremely useful to follow up prior post's like => here <= in order to verify that a functionality earlier reported as not working is now working after a change was made.

This helps other members in the community to verify their own setup.

Assuming that you fixed the issue on your end I simply advise you to backup the phones configuration via the Web Interface and verify if ptt.pttMode.enable="1".

Please ensure you have purchased the LYNC license as reminded in your other Post's in order to run any software newer than UCS 4.1.0 with your phones.

If this is not the case you must have overwritten the configuration or reset the configuration.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Valued Contributor

Thank you for your reply.  I will check the license. I am not sure at this time and the guy that is responsible for this is on vacation this week.

ptt.pttMode.enable="1" option is missing from the phone's config file. I am sure that it was there before and I have it configured in my custom.cfg file on our provisioning server.

Why is this option removed from the phone when the firmware is updated from Lync server?

Thank you.

Message 3 of 5
Valued Contributor

Solution was not found. I gave up trying. Did not receive any help.

Message 4 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello KPABA,

as outlined in some of your other Post already we require you to open a ticket with Polycom support via your reseller if you believe there is an issue with our Software.

You may want to read this for more information:

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

Only following the above allows us as a professional support team to identify and if required rectify an issue.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 5 of 5