Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, we have received Polycom VVX1500 SIP videophone with;

BootBlock= 2.8.1

BootRom= 4.1.2

release= 3.1.2.0750

- we need to Upgrade it  to release v3.2.3.1734  

We are trying to find the appropriate Upgrade path from  polycom support site..

We found&tried the info @  technical bulletin 53522  but  the phone went to a continuous reboot loop and prompts the error;

"application 2345-17960-001.sip.ld is not compatible with the phone"

see attached boot.log  from the Filezilla server directory

are you aware for the needed/valid  Upgrade path ?

should one go  3.1.2.0750 -> 3.1.3.RevC -> and then follow the technical bulletin 53522 instructions  -or-  what exactly ?

Any feedback you may provide is more than welcome

regards

--

Tasos

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,
  thanks for your feedback;  Yes I did open first  SR=1-132379761  but later I saw the CommunityForum and I thought to ask here as well..

FYI, we have upgrade ours  Polycom VVX1500  videophones  OK  to;
Release=  v3.2.3.1734
BootRom=v2.9.0(17960-001)
BootBlock=v4.2.2.1247

- the following upgrade path workedOK in my case;

Polycom VVX1500  was @

Release 3.1.2.0750 

BootBlock 2.8.1(17960-001)

BootRom 4.1.2.0618  

-> upgrade to Release v3_1_3RevC [v3.1.3.04390

->   I noticed that  the  needed  .zip files  mentioned @ TB53522 were downloaded corrupted  [probably due to network issues] the first times

suggestion; 

- the  files   do not come with  .md5  so   one  can't check them  later once downloaded  if they are OK or not  with  md5sum check;
 it will be good to add for each file it's  .md5  so that they can be checked once downloaded later 

->  re-download all of them from polycom support 
    -->  re-follow the same steps as before using
the  Technical Bulleting  TB53522    and this time the upgrade started&completed OK

Note;  @ Technical Bulleting  TB53522   page5  ,it's not clear that the user should press&hold for ~5sec  "simultaneously"  the phone buttons;

App+Menu+Hold+Headset

thanks & regards

--

Tasos

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Tasos,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I can see in our records that you have already contacted Support and have been offered PPI for this Out of Warrenty Unit.

Please ensure that you completely read the upgrade Instructions on the VVX1500 Page and follow these:

To upgrade the software on the Polycom VVX 1500 to version 3.2.2, you must download the following files: Polycom VVX SIP 3.2.2 (Combined or Split ver), Polycom VVX BootROM 4.1.4, and Polycom BootBlock 2.9.0. For detailed instructions on how to upgrade, please refer to Technical Bulletin 53522

It clearly mentions the BootBlock and SIP 3.2.2

If you are unable to upgrade this Unit please contact Support again and utilize the Pay Per Incident (PPI) method as offered.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,
  thanks for your feedback;  Yes I did open first  SR=1-132379761  but later I saw the CommunityForum and I thought to ask here as well..

FYI, we have upgrade ours  Polycom VVX1500  videophones  OK  to;
Release=  v3.2.3.1734
BootRom=v2.9.0(17960-001)
BootBlock=v4.2.2.1247

- the following upgrade path workedOK in my case;

Polycom VVX1500  was @

Release 3.1.2.0750 

BootBlock 2.8.1(17960-001)

BootRom 4.1.2.0618  

-> upgrade to Release v3_1_3RevC [v3.1.3.04390

->   I noticed that  the  needed  .zip files  mentioned @ TB53522 were downloaded corrupted  [probably due to network issues] the first times

suggestion; 

- the  files   do not come with  .md5  so   one  can't check them  later once downloaded  if they are OK or not  with  md5sum check;
 it will be good to add for each file it's  .md5  so that they can be checked once downloaded later 

->  re-download all of them from polycom support 
    -->  re-follow the same steps as before using
the  Technical Bulleting  TB53522    and this time the upgrade started&completed OK

Note;  @ Technical Bulleting  TB53522   page5  ,it's not clear that the user should press&hold for ~5sec  "simultaneously"  the phone buttons;

App+Menu+Hold+Headset

thanks & regards

--

Tasos

HP Recommended

Hello Tasos,

thanks for clarifying this and getting back and noting the approximately 5 seconds duration for the combined Key press.

You should have been able to get directly from your previous Version to SIP 3.2.2 and can now upgrade to UCS 3.2.2 as this has many enhanced features and a faster boot up speed.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.