Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi

Trying to upgrade from 3.3.3.0069 to 4.0.1

But we ran into some problems and questions.

According to screenshots the upgrader is 4.4.0 B, but the one for downloading is 4.4.0?

First the phone is trying to find the bootrom for 3111 but doesnt find it (it isn´t in the downloaded files from polycoms pages), then it looks for bootrom.id, finds it but fails to download it.

But if i try from another pc and connect to the ftp server it works to download.

Attaches the logfile from filezilla.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello TG,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above contains detailed instructions with simple links to download the relevant needed files.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

That´s the one we have been following.

And this is the link from where we have downloaded all files: http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/eula/ucs/UCagreement_combined_4_0_1_spl...

And there the upgrader utility is 4.4.0_Upgrader not 4.4.0B!

And from there you get the UC_Software_4_0_1_release_sig_split, but none of this contains the file the phone is looking for according to the File Zilla log that is attached, the 3111-30900-001.bootrom.ld

So, what is wrong?

Why doest it work and where can we find the right files?

Another thing that is confusing is that if you turn the SoundStation IP5000 around, it states Part No 2201-30900-001??

Where is that Part No´s files?

HP Recommended

Hello TG,

part of the phones part number are used to identify the BootROM / Upgrader / Downgrader.

Depending on the country the hardware is manufactured for the phones have separate part numbers.

My linked FAQ post above does not list UCS 4.0.1 as an example, it suggests UCS 4.1.0 Rev B instead.

Downloading the UCS 4.1.0 Rev B (which contains the UCS/SIP application) from => here <= and downloading the Upgrader (which contains the relevant Upgrader / BootROM) from => here <= simply enables to upgrade the phone as described.

Both files need to be unzipped into the same directory as described in the FAQ post.

The Post also explains the difference between a split or combined file.

Above is all working and I have verified upgrading the unit from SIP 3.2.7 directly to UCS 4.1.0 Rev B.

If you still struggle please work with your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support as described in my signature.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi

Now it worked to upgrade the phone, thanks a lot 🙂

But back to my first problem, how to disable DTMF through the web interface.

I can´t find any configuration about DTMF?

HP Recommended

Steffen, Your post was very helpful and in following those steps, using solar winds tftp server was able to get my 5000's back online and working again. Thanks for that. -Gregory

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.