Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

While trying to upgrade the bootrom on the Soundstation IP 7000, I was unable to find the bootrom 4.4.0 B like the help site I should get.  The below text were the steps I tried to take but was not successful in finding the material.

To Upgrade SoundStation IP 6000 and 7000 Phones:

Visit the Voice Support page and select your phone from the list.

Locate BootROM 4.4.0 B Upgrader and UC Software 4.0.1 under the Downloads section and save the files onto your computer.

Unzip BootROM 4.4.0 B Upgrader and UC Software 4.0.1.

Copy the <partNumber>.bootrom.ld files from the Upgrader onto your provisioning server.

These

<partNumber>.bootrom.ld files contain both Upgrader and Updater 5.0.1 images.

The best I could find was 4.3.1.  Which is a little better but I am needing to upgrade my phones to versions 4.0.3 and I am unable to at this time.  When I tried to with this code all I got was a loop.  The phone would start look for bootrom try to download and then give me an error message, saying that it can't read it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello matthowell06,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I have moved your post into the correct section.

Please try => here <= as our web team currently restructures the support pages.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello matthowell06,

I have moved your post into the correct section.

Please try => here <= as our web team currently restructures the support pages.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I should have just posted on here from the beginning and I would have been able to save myself some headaches.  Thanks a lot and I don't know why I didn't find it before.  Thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

I have number of IP units all with following specs;

SoundStation IP 7000

Part No: 2201-40000-001

Firmware: 3.1.2.0392

I am following the same documents to upgrade them to latest revision. But have difficulty finding any file which carries my part_No at its name. All downloaded files have files as following but none starts with 2201 which is my unit part No.

3111-40000-001.bootrom.ld

3111-40000-001.updater.ld

Can someone guide me where to get such files or in simplicity what should be the list of files which I should put into my TFTP to have a successful upgrade.

Thank you in advance

HP Recommended

Hello MikeT,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi 

I am trying to log into my Soundstation IP 7000 but it won't even lease an IP address let alone let me log in. Once this phone is connected to the provisioning server, it hits the server but it doesn't seem to find the correct file to update or upload. I have tried alot of them like:

3111-15600-001.updater.ld ----- always comes back with error, application not found

3111-40000-001.updater.ld------ always comes back with error, application not found

This is after it uploads and saves and formats the file

I also tried

3111-40000-001.sip.ld ---- always comes back with incompatible with this phone

Please what am I doing wrong here?

HP Recommended

Hello Davido,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Sep 27, 2012 QuestionI get the error Message “application not present / found” on my phones screen

Resolution: Please check => here <=

and

Jan 04, 2013 Question: What does the message "Image is not compatible" mean?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Simply download the UC Software 4.0.11 and the Upgrader / Updater 4.4.0 and unzip them together and point the phone at your server.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.