Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Our company is a VOIP softswitch manufacturer.  I have a Polycom IP Soundpoint 501.  The configuration files are being served by an Incognito provisioning server.  We have a linux application that pushes a phone configuration file up to the Incognito server.  The files are there, are in the correct location, and are being requested for download as evidenced by the Incognito logs.  However, when I display the line information from the phone menu, the phone numbers are not correct.  There is also no auth userid or password (which probably explains "url call is disabled"... the phone is not registering).  Note that I am using 000000000000.cfg:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- Default Master SIP Configuration File-->
<!-- Edit and rename this file to <Ethernet-address>.cfg for each phone.-->
<!-- $RCSfile: 000000000000.cfg,v $  $Revision: 1.18 $ -->
<APPLICATION APP_FILE_PATH="sip.ld" CONFIG_FILES="[PHONE_MAC_ADDRESS]_phone.cfg, sip.cfg" MISC_FILES="" LOG_FILE_DIRECTORY="" OVERRIDES_DIRECTORY="" CONTACTS_DIRECTORY="" LICENSE_DIRECTORY="">
</APPLICATION>

The 0004f205e761_phone.cfg file present follows.  Note that I added (after an internet search) feature.9.name="url-dialing" feature.9.enabled=1 to both sip.cfg and 0004f205e761_phone.cfg, but to no avail.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<phone1>
        <reg
                reg.1.address="7109004101"
                reg.1.displayName="SIP_7109004101"
                reg.1.auth.userId="7109004101"
                reg.1.auth.password="7109004101"
                reg.2.address="7109004102"
                reg.2.displayName="SIP_7109004102"
                reg.2.auth.userId="7109004102"
                reg.2.auth.password="7109004102"
        /> </phone1>
<sip>
        <voIpProt>
                <server voIpProt.server.1.address="172.23.112.210">
                <server voIpProt.server.1.port="5060">
        </voIpProt>
        <feature feature.9.name="url-dialing" feature.9.enabled=1>
        </feature>
</sip>

The files being requested from the Incognito server are:

2345-11500-040.bootrom.ld

0004f205e761.cfg (which is not present, by design)

000000000000.cfg

2345-11500-040.sip.ld

2345-11500-040.bootrom.ld (why does it boot twice?)

0004f205e761.cfg

000000000000.cfg

2345-11500-040.sip.ld

0004f205e761_phone.cfg

sip.cfg

0004f205e761-phone.cfg (not present, which I think is ok)

0004f205e761-directory.xml (not present, which I think is ok)

Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Weird thing is... if I create a [PHONE_MAC_ADDRESS]-phone.cfg file (note the hyphen) that is an exact copy of the [PHONE_MAC_ADDRESS]_phone.cfg file (note the underscore), the phone configures properly.

HP Recommended

So, if I change my 000000000000.cfg file to look for [PHONE_MAC_ADDRESS]-phone.cfg instead, it works.  However, the admin guide says not to do that.  In our environment, users won't be saving custom configs, which I gather what the "-phone" file is used for.

*shrug*

HP Recommended

Hello pmoore603,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Just looking quickly into the Post as you have not provided any SIp Software Version I would suggest the following.

Download the latest SIP 3.1.7 for this Unit

Download the latest BootROM 4.1.4

Provision the Phone to download it's standard configuration via the 000000000000.cfg

You will notice it will download phone1_317.cfg and sip_317.cfg.

In your post I can see you only load [PHONE_MAC_ADDRESS]_phone.cfg and the sip.cfg

I am unaware if your [PHONE_MAC_ADDRESS]_phone.cfg is a 100% copy of the original phone1.cfg

If this is not the case the Phone does not receive it's standard configuration and is therefore unable to fully boot and register.

If you use the above example you can just add as an example an additional PHONE_MAC_ADDRESS-User.cfg and create a new file with the name Mac_of_your_Phone-User.cfg and include the registration details as posted by you.

The complete line then looks like:

CONFIG_FILES="PHONE_MAC_ADDRESS-User.cfg,phone1_317.cfg,sip_317.cfg"

Above PHONE_MAC_ADDRESS substitutes automatically the Mac_of_your_Phone and loads that individual File.

Please ensure that if you use older Firmware to check the names as they may just be phone1.cfg and sip.cfg.

If you are still struggling and no other community members reply to your query you may want to consider contacting your Polycom Reseller if the units are still within warranty or work with Polycom Support via PPI (Pay Per Incident).

Best regards 

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services 

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.