Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Use Provisioning Server to Factory Reset my VVX 411s

SOLVED
PhoneGuy
Occasional Visitor

Use Provisioning Server to Factory Reset my VVX 411s

We did the Polycom Trade Up to Teams program and now need to send all of our old VVX 411s back to Poly. I'd like to factory reset them, but I don't want to manually reset each one. I have a provisioning server, is it possible to use it to automatically reset them?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Use Provisioning Server to Factory Reset my VVX 411s

Hello @PhoneGuy ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Via a Provisioning server, you cannot reset the configuration.

Are you using DHCP options in your network at present to discover the provisioning server?

If es you can enable the REST API when the phones check for configuration changes (assuming this is set up) and then delete the DHCP option and use the REST API to factory default the phones

Jun 05, 2018 Question: Do Poly Phones support a REST API?

Resolution: Please => here <=

There are other scripts that can be used to reboot the phones as an example >here< so they pick u a configuration change (may need amending)

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @PhoneGuy ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Via a Provisioning server, you cannot reset the configuration.

Are you using DHCP options in your network at present to discover the provisioning server?

If es you can enable the REST API when the phones check for configuration changes (assuming this is set up) and then delete the DHCP option and use the REST API to factory default the phones

Jun 05, 2018 Question: Do Poly Phones support a REST API?

Resolution: Please => here <=

There are other scripts that can be used to reboot the phones as an example >here< so they pick u a configuration change (may need amending)

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
PhoneGuy
Occasional Visitor

Thank you for your response, it got me on my way to finding the solution! I found a PowerShell script on the Spiceworks forum that utilizes the Polycom REST api and I was able to modify it to meet my needs. The link is here: https://community.spiceworks.com/scripts/show/4730-polycom-phone-restart-script 

Message 3 of 3