Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

My customer has purchased color expansion modules and VVX camers along with VVX 600 phones , phones are regsitered with Lync server . According to my understanding , color expansion module can be used in Lnc environment to display the Lync contacs and their presence.

Is that the only use of color expansion module when phone is registered with Lync?

How can i enable above feature? customer needs to see his contacts displayed on the color expansion module.

Regards,

Sree.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Sree,

Yes, the expansion modules work when supported phones are registered with Lync.  Contacts will automatically spill over to the expansion module once all the lines on the phone are filled.  Currently when using Lync there is no way to organize your contacts manually.  But if you keep adding them they will cross over to the expansion module.  I believe Polycom is working on making the lines customizable but I don't know when that will be available.

To enable the expansion module just make sure you are on a supported firmware.  Power off the phone, connect the expansion module and power the phone back up. 

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/FAQ-Which-VVX-Phones-support-the-new-Expansion-Modules-and-what...

HP Recommended

Hello Sree and James,

You can move the Favorites to a selected position on the phone but you have to keep in mind that the Favorites are automatically sorted in alphabetical order by LYNC.

You therefore are at present not able to put a selected favorite at an exact position based on the above.

Also you cannot use the Flexible Line Key at present if the User has a Boss / Admin Functionality.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 12, 2012 Question: Can I change / re-assign the appearance of  Line, BLF, Speed Dial and Presence Keys?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above FAQ post's illustrates this with examples.

In addition any key can be used for a Speed Dial aka local Contact Directory.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I feel i am a bit confused here.

I signed into the phone using a Lync user account .

Now instead of User contacts and Presence its showing a number which looks like the phone numbers of this country .

PIN authentication is not enabled , i can see in Lync client the user is able to seacrh the directory to find a new user.

But in VVX phones i am not able to search any directory , no out put in any directory.

HP Recommended

Hello Sree,

I am unaware what your latest post has to do with your initial question.

You are aware of the escalation process and have already worked with our Tier 2 team.

In addition you should already have access to a Polycom sales engineer in your region.

If the LYNC infrastructure on your end customer site is setup incorrectly the ABS search will not work.

We need to see some logs but this is outside the scope for Polycom employees within this community.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Sorry if the reply was irrelevant.

I was trying to use color expansion module to display the contacts of Lync client. Hence is posted it as a reply.

Attaching the Lync client snap and VVX phone display photo.

Yes i am aware of escalation process , but wanted to avoid if possible because i believe there is no configuration issues in phone. At the same time as you said i too feel the Lync infrastructure here is not properly configured. I am assuimg whether ABS configuration could be the culprit , but wanted to go back to customer with your confirmation. Anyway i have informed customer to check ABS configuration. 

Picture attacched "VVX600 display" shows the display of VVX phones , its showing only the TEL URI of the user. And its not displaying any of his contacts.

Why its not showing user name instead of telephone number. Am not able to search the directory as well.

Snap shot "Lync client" shows that all his displays are visible in Lync client. 

I though you could help me in giving few hints on this issue.

Thanks,

Sree.

HP Recommended

Hello Sree,

Its simply confusing for anyone reading this post when you suddenly ask something completely different.

Your issue with the Number instead of the Name could be this:

Jul 11, 2014 Question: How can I display my phone Extension rather than the Username using LYNC?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Again it is of utter importance to always state the currently used software version as the answer depends on this.

It should not be to difficult to setup the customers environment to by fully LYNC compatible including all the relevant DNS entries so autodiscover and everything else works.

It is rather difficult to troubleshoot issues if the customer only experiments with LYNC and the infrastructure is not setup correctly.

Polycom offers various levels of LYNC services that can be purchased to ensure the setup is correct rather then trial and error using our support infrastructure instead.

I have made your local Polycom Sales Engineer aware of this post and he can hopefully assist you with receiving or purchasing the relevant services that are required to get your customers infrastructure to support an Microsoft LYNC environment.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Last on this.

Why am i not able to search directory? Customer says ABS is enabled.

If i manually enter the SIP uri of another and makes a call , it never connects. But able to receive incoming calls.

A ticket is being raised for the same.

Thanks in Advance.....

Phone Model

VVX 600

Part Number

3111-44600-001 Rev:A

MAC Address

00:04:F2:5A:77:A9

IP Address

UC Software Version

Updater Version

HP Recommended

Hello Sree,

I am unaware why you are unable to dial another extension as I do not know how you have configured your phone.

• A phone in LYNC Base profile will simply sign into LYNC via PIN & Extension without the user having to configure anything as the certificate is provided by the LYNC server.

The above obviously expects the network to support the Option 43, 120 and a Time Server being provided

• A phone in LYNC Base profile should sign into LYNC via adding the user credentials if the installation utilizes a certificate authority that the phone trusts. A list can be found in the Admin Guide.

If a different certificate is used you can import this into the phone as described in detail => here<=

The above obviously expects the network to supply a Time Server

You can also use BToE for the above

To get back to the original question, yes a Expansion Module can be used and a LYNC Client is required to add Favorites to the LYNC Client which are then populated on the main phone and then , once full, move over to the Expansion Module.

Private Speed Dials can also be used and are populated the same way.

The FAQ article => here <= explains how to use flexible line keys to "move" keys into a more individual layout and list's the current restrictions or limitations. 

Issue's with an unsuccessful ABS search can be investigated by our support team but depend on the LYNC environment being setup correctly.

You could check the:

• Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > Lync ABS set to Debug
    and also
  • Settings > Logging > Global Log Level Limit set to Debug

The comparison with a PC's LYNC client is not very helpful as the PC is most likely in a different network segment / VLAN.

This is most likely the root cause of an incorrectly setup or minimally deployed LYNC installation and Polycom professional services or other third parties can be used to rectify any network issues. 

The above is not a free service but are recommended to ensure a smooth transition from a traditional PABX to a new LYNC environment and ensure any disappointment from your End Customer and minimize any delays.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thank you for your reply. Please find the response below.

Lync Sign is done using Login Credentials

DHCP options are not available in customer network. No Dedicated DHCP server . Time Server is available.

Certificate is loaded manually and Lync sign in and Registration is working.

VVX receives calls from other Lync clients, but to make calls VVX is not able to select the contact from directory.

Corporate directory when i touches says "Invalied Configuration"

No contact is retrieved if i search in Lync directory.

Lync ABS

I too doubt if customer has configured the Lync infrastructure properly. Doubt adds on since DHCP server is not available.

My requirement is to understand what is that customer lacking to enable directory search on VVX phones. Need to know what are the pre-requisites for Lync ABS to work with VVX600?

A ticket is already raised yesterday. But FVC has not yet provided me a Polycom ticket number. I will attach the logs to ticket and here as well.

In addition to this, do i need to enable Lync Directory in CFG. If so i can't find it in CFG. Attached is the logs and snap of Config file.

Regards,

Sree.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.