Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

My post is more related to Call Park feature using firmware 5.1.1B on VVX series of phones.

I am using below code in my config file to enable Call Park as per the Admin guide:

==Option 1:=====================================

<feature.callPark feature.callPark.enabled="1" />
call.parkedCallRetrieveMethod="legacy"
call.parkedCallRetrieveString="*68"

==Option 2:=====================================

<feature.callPark feature.callPark.enabled="1" />
call.parkedCallRetrieveMethod="native"
call.parkedCallRetrieveString=

==============================================

None of the above option seem to be working.

Any clues?

Regards

BRM

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello BRM,

I have moved your post from the one you replied to in order to keep discussions clearer.

The UCS 5.1.0 (and all older versions) describe the Call Park Retrieve method as follows:

The method the phone will use to retrieve a BLF resource's call which has dialog state confirmed.

• native indicates the phone will use a native protocol method (in this case SIP INVITE with the Replaces header).
  • legacy indicates the phone will use the method specified in call.parkedCallRetrieveString.

Questions:

• Are you trying to retrieve a BLF call?
  • Does your SIP PABX even support this feature aka has any interoperability testing towards Polycom Phones been done?

• Have you got a Wireshark trace showing the failed retrieval?

I suggest you work with your SIP PABX support team and then raise a case with Polycom support via your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for your reply.

To be precise I'm not able to park the call so haven't yet tested call park retrieval. Does firmware version 5.1.1B support CallPark using softkey?

Re your questions -

1. I'm not trying to retrieve a BLF call.

2. I'm using Broadworks and when I manually dial *68+extn I'm able to park the call. However, I cannot do so when I use the softkey that appears when using the config mentioned in my previous post.

3. Do you still require a Wireshark trace? If so, I can do that late today.

Regards

BRM

HP Recommended

Hello BRM,

Troubleshooting or providing support via the community is outside the scope for myself as an Polycom employee.

Please raise a ticket with your Polycom reseller to bring this to the attention of Polycom support.

You will need to provide the following:

• Wireshark Trace of the Phone booting up until issue is reproduced (if reproducible)
  • Phone Configuration files
  • -app.log and -boot.log as a complete set (via Syslog or FTP server with append allowed)
  • SIP Server Details

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for your reply.

I understand that I will have to raise this through appropriate support channels to be able to troubleshoot. However, from what i can understand is this code and the firmware 511B both should work unless there are other issues in the background.

Regards

BRM

HP Recommended

Hello BRM,

I am not aware of any EFK issues using UCS 5.1.1

You could set log levels to debug and then log EFK and check via Syslog or logs on the server what happens.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi BRM,

When you are on the call, are you using the softkey Park to park the call?  For us when we answer a call we need to press the More softkey, followed by the Park softkey.  If you do also, do you see a message appear on the VVX phone indicating the call park succeeded or failed?  Or does it just do nothing or do you not use the Park softkey at all?

For what it's worth in our environment (Lync 2013, UCS 5.1.1) this feature is working for us.  We also had to configure on the Lync Server control panel Voice Features > Call Park and create some ranges there.  Then had to make sure under Voice Routing > Voice Policy that various policies have the checkbox for Enable call park was checked.

HP Recommended

Hello jplarsongq,

this discussion is not about LYNC. The user is using a SIP call server.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

It's true we're using a BW SIP call server. I can see an outgoing REFER when I press the soft key (while in a call > More > Park soft key at the bottom> Enter Extn > Park "soft key" at the top). It is being sent from the handset to <sip:callpark@ourdomain.com;orbit=above_extn>.

However, when I do a Transfer to *68+Same_Extn, I can hear a Park Confirmation.

Not sure if using the soft key requires any additional configuration on the BW AS.

My config for Call Park:

feature.enhancedFeatureKeys feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1" 
feature.callPark feature.callPark.enabled="1"
call.parkedCallRetrieveMethod="legacy"
call.directedCallPickupString="*88"

Regards

BRM

HP Recommended

Hello BRM,

A REFER is different from an INVITE.

In your first example the call is refered to the call park and therefore the phone hangs up.

If you call the call park as described in your second example the INVITE is being used.

I suggest you contact Broadworks so they can provide you with the correct configuration for our phones or work with your Polycom reseller to bring this up to our support team.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.