Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Using th CX200 in own Communication Product

GerhardK
Visitor

Using th CX200 in own Communication Product

Hi

We are developing a communication product. Therefor we need a headset or a usb telefon like the cx200. is it possible to catch an event when the handset was lift, or a button was pressed?
If yes we could add these functions in our product to make the communication easier for the user.

We can handle all kind of message or events. E.g windowMessages, USB/Plug and play events and so on.

Can anybody help us?

thx

Gerhard Koell

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Using th CX200 in own Communication Product

Hello Gerhard,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The CX range of phones are Microsoft LYNC only and do not offer any external communication.

You could use our SoundStation / SoundPoint / VVX phones as these offer events.

The community development section is the area you should look into as you can download a SDK and develop applications without actually needing a phone.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
GerhardK
Visitor

Hello Steffen

Thank you for your reply

I have seen your recommended products. But these products does not fit to our needs.  The CX200 is the perfect device for us. In the moment it works for our voice communication.

The only things what we need is a simple information from your developer what kind of protocol the HID device use. we don't need a SDK or something else.

Is it not possible to make a connection to one of your developers?

Best Regards

Gerhard Köll

Message 3 of 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Gerhard,

the CX Series of Phones has been developed for Microsoft based on their requirements and Polycom like other manufacturers does not provide the actual running software for these reference design units.

You would need to liaise with Microsoft in this case but I am not aware of any 3rd Party developments.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4