Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello all.

Hope the day has been good for all?

Am having an isue i would like to bring to this community maybe i would be able to get some help and maybe the best possible solution.

Am the IT manager in my office and we share an office space with another company, so basically we use the same boardroom and other resources together.

We purchase a PolyomSoundStationIP-SSIPP_6000. the phone devices works perfectly, i must confirm that and kudo's to polycom for a great device.

The challenge am having is how to get "company A" to call out with an assigned number and prefix and "Company B " call out with a different assigned number and prefix.

Have been able to configure 2 different numbers to the device, and its works perfectly when i call the two numbers, but calling out with the two using each assigned number is the challenge.

Note one number originally calls out, no issue, but because we wanted each company to make use of the device whenever they intend to use the boardroom its brought about me setting up another number to the device, but i cant call out with the new device.

The Polycom 6000 is run with 3CX Phone Management System.

I would be glad if i can get the needed help.

HAve a great day

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello ribo01,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The SSIP6000 like our other conference phones has only got one single line key and can therefore only support one line registration.

I would suggest you look at something like this instead:

Oct 20, 2011 Question: How can I use the User Login Feature introduced in UC Software 4.0.0?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hey Stefen, and hello community.

Thanks for your reply, its was insightful, sorry it took so long to respon to your mail, been so tied up.

I dont know how to say this, and not to sound stupid, i really dont think my own Polycom 6000 has the functionality of setting user profiles.

I have gone through all the function on the device, and cant seem to find it anywhere.

If there issomething am missing or needs to be done, would be so glad if you could guide me simplistically.

hope to read from you soon, and thanks again

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello ribo01,

as the above FAQ post outlines the Phone needs to run UCS 4.0.0 in order to have this feature.

I recommend to upgrade to UCS 4.0.7

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

The original FAQ post explains this in detail and also links to a Technical documentation.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.