Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We have a lot of phones which are using a vlan id to access the correct network.

When we do a firmware upgrade on those phones using the split or combined bundle we notice the following:

-First the  update application is downloaded, this is done in the correct vlan.

-Then the phone reboots in this new update application to retrieve the new application file.

The update application doesn't use the configured vlan id to retrieve the file, so the phone needs to have network access without vlan support to complete the upgrade.

Only when we use the combined package it keeps using the vlan id during the process.

Is there a way to fix this issue, or can it be included in the next updater version?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello mariostaphorst,

It is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

In addition is the VLAN assigned manually to the phone via the menu or via LLDP or CDP ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thank youf or your reply.

We performed the tests on a VVX400 upgrading from: 4.1.6

Towards:

Polycom_UC_Software_5_3_0_rts37_release_sig_split

Polycom_UC_Software_5_3_0_rts37_release_sig_combined

Polycom_UC_Software_5_2_2_release_sig_split

Polycom_UC_Software_5_2_2_release_sig_combined

We downgraded back to 4.1.6 before testing each release.

The VLAN configuration was made manually.

CDP / LLDP is not present on the network in this case.

HP Recommended

Hello Mario,

I believe this is a bug and currently tracked under VOIP-100191.

I have not eta for a fix yet and can only recommend to report this via your Polycom reseller so we can track this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I'm also seeing this issue. Please let me know the status of finding a resolution.

HP Recommended

Hello ardesmond,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The current status is that we are going to fix the issue in the next releases. I do not have an ETA on this and can only recommend to open a Service Ticket with Polycom support via your Polycom reseller quoting the above VOIP ticket.

Once you have a case raised you may be able to get access to a potential hotfix if such is being issued.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello all,

This has been addressed in the latest UC Software 5.2.3 release:

• VOIP-100191 Software on the VVX phone is now upgraded correctly after an Updater upgrade when you connect the phone using the manual/DHCP option 128 VLAN setting.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Does the 5.2.3 update also fix the issue in 5.3.0? In other words, could I update to 5.2.3 then update to 5.3.0 without issue, or does the boot loop problem still affect that version?

HP Recommended

Hello ardesmond,

an upgrade to UC Software 5.3.0 would cause the same loop. The bug is in the Updater. 

We have a hotfix if its an urgent customer requirement but a case would need to be raised. The next UC Software 5.3.1 fixes this issue.

A workaround would be to add a DHCP Option 160 / 66 in the native VLAN pointing to a routable IP address hosting an provisioning server.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks, do you have an ETA on the 5.3.1 release?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.