Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

When I update to 5.4.2, the phone now displays 2 directory keys.  Looks like 'fixing' VOIP-108664 causes this as <=5.4.1 doesn't do this.

I have the following config 

softkey.6.enable="1" 
softkey.6.label="Directory" 
softkey.6.action="$FDirectories$$FSelect$"
softkey.6.precede="1"
softkey.6.use.idle="1"
softkey.6.use.active="0"
softkey.6.use.dialtone="0"

but if I remove this, the config WONT show it for <5.4.2 devices..

I can't find much data on this VOIP-108664 issue or how to work around this.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I actually figured this out.

The change in VOIP-108664 appears to allow the phone to display the directory button when this key is enabled

softkey.feature.directories="1"

Previously, this didn't behave consistently.

I had this enabled AND I had softkey manually built, giving me 2.  This has worked in previous firmwares for a lot time.

changing the key to 

softkey.feature.directories="0"

solved it for me.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I actually figured this out.

The change in VOIP-108664 appears to allow the phone to display the directory button when this key is enabled

softkey.feature.directories="1"

Previously, this didn't behave consistently.

I had this enabled AND I had softkey manually built, giving me 2.  This has worked in previous firmwares for a lot time.

changing the key to 

softkey.feature.directories="0"

solved it for me.

HP Recommended

Hello dandenson,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

VOIP-108664 fixed an issue that softkey.feature.directories could not be utilized. This was addressed in 5.2.5, 5.3.3 and 5.4.1A

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.