Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

The regular lines show up on the top right but the BLF entries are absent.

However, when a call comes in to a monitored endpoint (e.g. 701), a new row appears on the top right while it rings. As soon as the call is answered (or hung up), the line disappears. Also, when it does come up it only has the URI, not the label.

I have tried 100 iterations of the attendant element all to no avail. Here is the current setup (which is only one of many that all produce the aforementioned outcome). I tried setting all the appearances to 1 or 0 or some of each, nothing helps:

<attendant attendant.reg="1" attendant.resourceList.1.label="TI701" attendant.uri="701">
		<attendant.behaviors>
			<attendant.behaviors.display>
				<attendant.behaviors.display.remoteCallerID attendant.behaviors.display.remoteCallerID.automata="1" attendant.behaviors.display.remoteCallerID.normal="1" />
				<attendant.behaviors.display.spontaneousCallAppearances attendant.behaviors.display.spontaneousCallAppearances.automata="0" attendant.behaviors.display.spontaneousCallAppearances.normal="0" />
			</attendant.behaviors.display>
		</attendant.behaviors>
		<attendant.resourceList attendant.resourceList.1.label="TI701" />

</attendant>
10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello @bobjase ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Both the community's Must Read First and the community's FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

As a reminder the basic information asked for:

• Provide the exact Software Version of your Phone
  • Provide the Phone Model
  • Provide the Call Platform (aka openSIP,Skype for Business Online, Skype for Business on Premise, Lync)
  • Additional Polycom Infrastructure (RPRM,PDMS or BToE)
  • If applicable provide a backup of the phone in question

UC Software 4.0.0 or later via the Web Interface Utilities > Phone Backup & Restore > Phone Backup > Phone Backup. Please rename into .TXT or Zip the file to attach.
Since UC Software 5.9.0 simply provide this via the Web Interface Diagnostics > Download Support Information Package

• If possible provide a Log and either attach them or use the Code Tag.Consult the Troubleshooting Section found within the FAQ if applicable
  • If possible provide the MAC Address or Serial of the device
  • Provide details for example if the issue is a day 1 issue or only happened after an upgrade or any other relevant details
  • For questions around Support please check here

Whilst providing some of these details may not directly impact any possible answer the community can provide, it does enable Polycom to have an overview of the current software used. In addition providing all details at the same time allow us to check logs or look up a potential support partners if an issue needs to come into support. It also enables us to verify the entitlement for using features.

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's, admin Guides and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

From the UC Software 5.9.0 Admin Guide:

BLF Types

VVX phones support the following types of BLF:

• An enhanced BLF, supported on all VVX phones except the VVX 1500 business media phone, notifies users of all states of monitored phones, including the active, idle, and ringing states.
• A basic version of BLF, available only on VVX 1500 business media phone, enables users to be monitored and to monitor idle and active phone states. The basic version of BLF enables VVX 1500 phones registered to users to fully monitor other VVX 1500 phones. However, VVX 1500 phones monitoring other VVX phones are notified of the idle and active states of monitored phones only, and are not notified of incoming calls to the monitored phones.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info.

Except for the MAC address (which is not possibly relevant), everything is in the original post.

The description you provided of the BLF functionality is aligned with what I want, but not what I'm experiencing.

HP Recommended

Hello @bobjase ,

The original post does not tell us what SIP switch you are using. Neither does it have a backup attached so we could try and verify if you used the correct configuration. It is also lacking a log showing any potential SIP signalling.

The MAC is required to provide the reseller who could help getting this into Polycom as an example or outline who would be able to open a PPI ticket.

We also do not know if this is a day one issue or any other details.

Feel free to check this FAQ:

Nov 4, 2011 Question: How can I setup a Busy Lamp Field / BLF with an Digium Asterisk SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Finally I am quite sure the VVX 1500 is end of life and on its way to end of support so not a lot we are able to do.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

MAC: 00:04:F2:4F:F3:93

Server: Asterisk 14.5.0

Backup: Attached

I can try to download all the SIP signaling, but there's a tremendous amount of it and I was/am hoping that this is simply a configuration issue so I'm waiting to see if someone knows how the <attendant> is supposed to work on the VVX 1500

HP Recommended

Hello @bobjase ,

finally we are getting somewhere.

Nov 4, 2011 Question: How can I setup a Busy Lamp Field / BLF with an Digium Asterisk SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The VVX 1500 only supports static BLF and not the version that an Asterisk Server provides.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Sadly, I have already read through that article.

The attendant.resourceList.1.address isn't functional on VVX 1500. You have to use attendant.URI and that doesn't seem to support a label. 

If you wanted to tell me "BLF just doesn't work with the VVX 1500", that doesn't seem true because (as it says in the title of this question) the BLF entry DOES show up next to the registered lines when the monitored party's line is ringing.

Which brings me back to the original questions - 

1. How do I set a label if I'm using the attendant.URI? (as opposed to the attendant.resourceList)
  2. Why is the BLF entry only visible when the phone is ringing?

To be clear, on the web admin under "Line Key Configuration" I do see the monitored line under the BLF section. It just doesn't show up on the phone's screen

HP Recommended

Hello @bobjase ,

again if you would have provided this all from the beginning (as outlined clearly in the ReadMe 1st and the FAQ) we could have told you that the label comes from the server when the Phone subscribes to the URI.

This is all part of the SIP signalling and a standard process usually used and developed around the BroadSoft server.

I reached the end of what I can do here for free and would need to refer you to NETXUSA who sold this VVX back in 16/07/2015.

They can open a ticket for you once you paid the PPI fee. Information around this is within the FAQ.

You can of course wait for other community users to respond.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I did specify that in my original post and the server DOES provide the name and the phone DOESN'T show it.

I appreciate the help you have given me thus far, but as yet it has amounted to nothing.

HP Recommended

Hello @bobjase ,

I already outline what has been missing from the original post so we no longer need to discuss this.

You have two options:

• Try and downgrade the software to find out if an older software supported this feature. I am not aware of any bugs for the VVX 1500 unit.
  • Work with the reseller quoted who originally sold the phone back in 2015. This will require you to Pay PPI aka Pay Per Incident.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.