Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I just bought a VVX 1500 D and placing a video call from Polycom RealPresence causes the phone to lock up.  I looked and see the firmware is very old so I tried to update to 5.2.1 and it fails.

Boot Block 3.0.0 (17960-001)

Bootrom: 4.2.2.2704

SIP Version 3.2.7.0198

The boot log shows the following entries:

1029002646|copy |3|00|Download of '2345-17960-001.sip.ld' succeeded on attempt 1 (addr 1 of 1)
1029002646|cfg  |4|00|Could not get all 7084240 bytes of the file
1029002647|cfg  |5|00|Error updating application
1029002647|cfg  |3|00|Unspecified error occurred with downloaded application image
1029002647|app1 |6|00|Error in saving application.

I can't find any bulletins about upgrading the Bootrom to anything higher than 4.2.2 other than the fact that it's integrated with the releases now.  I'd like to get this updated to a firmware that makes the phone usable for H323 calls without crashing after establishing the call.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello emanteuf,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am not aware of a currently released software version (at present) being 5.2.1 so I assume you mean UCS 5.1.2 instead.

Can you try and upgrade to UCS 4.0.7 before instead and then use UCS 5.1.2 ?

What server are you using to provision the phone?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Sorry, I had a typo there, I was attempting to upgrade to 5.1.2.  I have tried the following firmware updates and all have failed:

5.1.2 Split

5.1.2 Combined

4.0.1B Split

3.3.5 Split

3.3.0 Combined

3.3.0 Split

I was able to upgrade to 3.2.7 Split successfully.

I am using Tftpd32 as my firmware server and I have a DHCP reservation with the scope options pointing to my TFTP server for this phone.  Since this is a proof of concept, I am using this method to ensure I can get everything working before purchasing more of these phones.  The only reason I am trying to upgrade the firmware is because the phone crashed when it is either called by or initiates a call to a RealPresence software videoconferece client using H.323.  The funny thing is that I can make and receive calls to my ZTE video conference units and my video conference software client from virtualmeeting.com without any problems.  The only time the phone crashes is when calling to a Polycom soft client.

HP Recommended

Hello emanteuf,

could you kindly provide me with the MAC address of the phone via Community mail so I can look into this?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I sent you the MAC address in a P.M.

HP Recommended

After switching from TFTP to FTP as you recommended, I was able to update the firmware to 5.1.2.

Thanks for the help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.