Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello, i have installed the phone standalone behind a Fritzbox 7590.
It works, but there are some questions.

I can reach the phone with the browser, but the option "skype for business" is greyed out.
I think, i wouldn´t use this, but can i use the camera and mic with normal skype or whatsapp ?

I can dial landlines or handy numbers, but dialing a hotline with a servicenumber 01805 is rejected.
I haven´t found a filter for this.

If the display is off after 10 minutes the led up right starts blinking. Why ?

I was not impressed about the sound quality. I thought, with the big speaker and the dsp mic it would sound better. All parameters around hands free are default. 
Is there a better parameter set ?

The firmware is 5.7.4.1087. Should i update to newer fw ?

Thank you for your time.
Kai

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @KalEl 

welcome to the Poly community.

The Skype for Business FAQ contains this post here:

Dec 6, 2011 Question: What Phone Models support the LYNC 2010, LYNC 2013, Microsoft Office365, Skype for Business Online or Teams?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above explains up to what software version the VVX 1500 support Skype for Business or LYNC.

If the display goes off the Message Waiting LED is being used to "show" that the device is still alive.

Regarding the sound quality, we do not know if this is an external call via your SIP switch using a traditional analog line or a SIP call to another SIP device.

You could check what codec is being used and set your expectations based on this:

Mar 14, 2018 Question: How can I check during a call what Audio Codec is being used?

Resolution:  press Menu => Settings => Status => Diagnostics => Media Statistics 

The question from us would be if this is a brand new unit or a used unit as we do not know this yet.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the lightning fast answer.

I know that the unit works with skype for business. 
The question was, does it work with something else ?

I have bought the phone used, but set back to factory defaults.
Then i go through the manual with set the server to static etc.

The codec for the landline call (germany) is G.711 u-Law
The call to a handy is G.722

Can you say anything about the blocked servicenumber e.g. 01805
The number works with any phone connected to the fritzbox except the vvx,
but the vvx is the only one connected over Lan.

HP Recommended

Hello @KalEl ,

in the current global crisis, we try and help people using Poly technology a bit less rigorous as our usual SLA would require.

The VVX1500 has had the LYNC/Skype for Business support removed since UC Software 5.3.0 or later as we could no longer sustain this in the current code. Modern VVX phones can use since UC Software 5.8.0 something called Hybrid registration which is explained => here <= and/or in the admin guides.

The VVX1500 can register to multiple different SIP switches and/or make and receive H.323 calls.

For your service number issue, this is most likely being caused by the phone trying to make a Video call.

As a test simply disable Video on the phone and try again. I am only assuming as I have not seen any logs.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.