VVX 201 2-line SIP configuration

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

VVX 201 2-line SIP configuration

I have just bought a new VVX 201

UC Software Version 5.5.1.11526

Updater Version 5.7.1.13261

I'm trying to configure 2 SIP lines (2 different SIP providers: Provider A & B)
Line 1 - registers OK
Line 2 - fails register

If I configure provider A on line 1 and provider B on line 2 - line 1 is OK, line 2 does not register.
If I configure provider B on line 1 and provider A on line 2 - line 1 is OK, line 2 does not register.

I have tested each provider's configuration by itself (only single line configured in Simple Setup) and the settings work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX 201 2-line SIP configuration

Hello BigRepa,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Any chance for a Backup

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello BigRepa,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Any chance for a Backup

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for your input.

I had the VVX 201 configured with a single line just now.

Manually reconfigured for 2 line to provide the backup - and magically - it works with both line now.

Message 3 of 3