Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Phone Model: VVX 250

Firmware:

UC Software Version6.4.0.11527
Updater Version6.4.0.8604

Yesterday, I was playing around a bit with background images.

The first image I uploaded was a PNG file. After uploading the image in the phone's web portal, the page just hung with the progress wheel spinning for quite a while, to the point I just had to refresh the page. When I went back to Preferences > Background, I just got a Requesting page... message with the spinning wheel that just hung indefinitely. There appeared to be no way to get this page to load, so I ended up doing a factory reset, which removed the image and I was able to get back to the page.

I then re-uploaded the image as a jpg this time, and eveything was fine. I was then able to select the image from the vvx250 desk phone and it displayed just fine... This morning, when I got in I noticed the default image was currently displaying on the phone, even though if you go to Settings > Preferences > Background directly on the phone, it showed that my image was selected. If I select the default and then re-select my image, I receive the message "Selected background image unavailable". And I get the same issue in the web portal where the "Requesting page..." message appears and just hangs there.

I uploaded this same "working" image yesterday on our Receptionist's VVX250, and hers is having the same symptoms this morning too. The default background is displaying, even though my image is selected, and the Background page in the web portal just hangs.

I went to check the log file on BOTH phones and BOTH phones are showing the message "The log file is empty.".

Is there a bug in this newest firmware? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Matt

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @mmartin828 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

The community search finds this post >here<

For your additional question do you have a provisioning server allowing you to upload the background picture?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for the reply, and the link you posted to the similar question.

We do not have our own provisioning server. When auto-provisioning didn't work for some phones, we used the Zoom assisted provisioning url.

From the link you posted. It sounds like this issue isn't occurring with version 6.3.1. I'll give that version a try.

Thanks again for the reply. Much appreciated!

HP Recommended

Hello @mmartin828 ,

If your phone is not able to upload the provisioned file to the provisioning server after a restart it will no longer be there.

I suggest you work with our partner Zoom to set up advanced provisioning to either host it on their platform or via an external link.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.