Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Is it possible to revert an OBi-Edition VVX-250 to the standard UC software and interface? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Raxx ,

Welcome to the Polycom Community.

to my personal knowledge End Customers are unable to do this and we cannot provide any warranty on the device if this fails.

Instructions can be found >here< and please use at your own risk.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello @Raxx ,

Welcome to the Polycom Community.

to my personal knowledge End Customers are unable to do this and we cannot provide any warranty on the device if this fails.

Instructions can be found >here< and please use at your own risk.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I used tftpd64 as a local ftp server and used tftp instead of http and followed the rest of the steps and that worked for me,

Thanks Steffen!

HP Recommended

I cannot get this to work for anything in the world.  I'm not familiar with TFTP, but I did use an ftp server that I created and no matter what I do, it just never reverts back to the UCS.  Raxx, would you mind giving a step by step on how you used TFTP to get it done?

HP Recommended

I am in a similar situation. I cannot get the UCS firmware to take. I'm running the OBI version 6.3.0.0 on a VVX 350.  I've setup a webserver on my local network, however the phone won't grab the firmware. I'm at a loss as there is very little information on how to perform this task on the internet.  

I've verified the file is available from another computer so the firewall is not blocking the access.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bill

HP Recommended

Hello @LarryBurns ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Highly detailed Instructions can be found >here< but please use at your own risk.

We do not officially support the conversion and you should purchase either an Obi Edition VVX or a UC Software.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply Steffen,

I've tried the instructions on that page (thank you for making those), however I'm not doing something right.  Here is the path I've but in to the FirmwareURL

"http://192.168.1.8:8080/poly/sip.ld"

Do you see anything wrong with they way I've written it?

I"ve also tried "http://192.168.1.8:8080/poly/sip.ld,bgu-conv=disable"

I accept full responsibility if the hardware gets bricked.

Thanks,

Bill

HP Recommended

Hello @LarryBurns 

I have added additional information to the link >here<

• You must use the split version of the UC Software download
  • You must name the sip.ld file including the part number

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

really? Let me give that a shot. Thanks man

HP Recommended

Hey this worked. 

Thank you very much

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.