Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX 250 Provisioning Issue

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

VVX 250 Provisioning Issue

I'm trying to provision a new VVX 250, but I can't find the setting. After rebooting the phone, hitting cancel, entering the admin code 456, there is no setup menu option. There is a Factory Reset option, SPT On/Off option, and Exit Option. Also, in the settings menu of the phone, there is no Advanced area that has the provisioning settings there.

I also checked the Web Interface and couldn't find the proper setting. The phone came with UCS version 6.3.1.0.

The phone company I use thought maybe the firmware was the problem, since they are still using version 5.8.2.4732, but we weren't able to downgrade the firmware either.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX 250 Provisioning Issue

Hi @PhotoFax 

none of our volunteers has yet written anything on this as the ObiHai edition software is mostly used by larger service providers who have control of this so there are no instructions for end-users that I am aware.

Our FAQ holds:

Sep 03, 2019 Question: Can I convert a Poly VVX into ObiEdition or UC Software?

ResolutionThe process is not officially supported by Poly.

• If you want a VVX in Obi Edition please purchase the ObiEdition
  • If you want a VVX in UC Software please purchase a VVX in UC Edition

Instructions can be found >here< and please use at your own risk.

The above is most likely the instructions you are after in order to use it with your service provider.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Hello @PhotoFax ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Most likely you are using a VVX250 running the ObiHai edition software. These options are different from the "normal" UC Software.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Yes, I believe I am using ObiHai edition software. Is there some how-to or guide I can refer to for provisioning?

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted

Hi @PhotoFax 

none of our volunteers has yet written anything on this as the ObiHai edition software is mostly used by larger service providers who have control of this so there are no instructions for end-users that I am aware.

Our FAQ holds:

Sep 03, 2019 Question: Can I convert a Poly VVX into ObiEdition or UC Software?

ResolutionThe process is not officially supported by Poly.

• If you want a VVX in Obi Edition please purchase the ObiEdition
  • If you want a VVX in UC Software please purchase a VVX in UC Edition

Instructions can be found >here< and please use at your own risk.

The above is most likely the instructions you are after in order to use it with your service provider.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the quick response. Got it converted to UC software and everything is good to go.

Was able to get the proper UC firmware edition from the Polycom web servers here: <removed> Just in case other people need the info.

Moderator Edit: Please do not share this server as it cannot handle the traffic and is for Poly PGS Support cases only!

Message 5 of 5