Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Just wanted to confirm if and how the below features (the config) work with VVX 300s and 400s:

- Hoteling with and without ACD

- BroadSoft Directory (i suppose this still doesn't work even with UC firmware 5.1.1)

Many thanks,

/B

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Just tried it out and it works now - I can search Enterprise Directory from the BroadSoft Directory option under Directories menu.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Re hoteling - it was an oversight at my end. The Hoteling Host service needs to be enabled to display the soft key.

Still not sure whether the BroadSoft directory is supported by firmware v5.1.1. 

I understand the release notes do mention that it is supported. However, the PCG states that the XSI interface is only supported by VVX 500s and 600s. Since this feature uses the XSI interface, credentials to login, it my assumption is that it is still not supported by VVX 300s and 400s.

Please comment.

HP Recommended

Hi BRM

have you enabled Polycom Phone Services on the phones device profile? (System>DMS-Polycom-VVX300>Services - tick supports Polycom Phone Services)

It depends on which Broadsoft directory you are refering to as there is more than one - Polycom Phone Services is one, XMPP Broadsoft for example is another....

If you are on about the directory listings ie Polycom Phone Services - check that the tick box is enabled as described above, also ensure that under the user that the primary line is also ticked and that the Polycom Phone Service license is assigned to the user:

Enterprise>Group>User>Client Applications>Polycom Phone Services

Enterprise>Group>User>Profile>Addresses>Configure Identity/Device Profile>Users>Search>Tick the primary line box  Then:

Enterprise>Group>User>Client Applications>Polycom Phone Services>click on primary line>Integration with BroadWorks - tick the on box and also the Include the Personal Phone List in the Polycom Phone Directory tick box you can also include a custom directory if you have created one here.

Hope this helps...

Cheers

Dave

HP Recommended

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply.

I am trying to access the BroadSoft Enterprise directory via XSI which shows up in the Directories menu as BroadSoft Directory when configured.

I appreciate your instructions on using Polycom Phone services.

Regards,

BRM

HP Recommended

Just tried it out and it works now - I can search Enterprise Directory from the BroadSoft Directory option under Directories menu.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.