Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We are testing VVX 300's and 400's on a hosted platfrom.  When you are on a call and intiate a transfer, the display will show your recent placed call history.

We would like the line key labels to be visible, espceiclaly the Park BLF and Extension BLF keys, during a transfer.  There is not much use in a 6 or 8 line phone if you cannot see the line key labels.

Our hosting provider states this is how the phone is supposed to behave and referred me to Polycom

"to find out how to change that (If it's possible) via the configuration files and why the decision was made to have the phones behave this way."

Bottom line -> Is there any way to be able to see the line key labels after your press the transfer soft or hard key?  

It has been suggested that adding a more soft key that appears after your transfer, which will show the Lines soft key, which will show the labels.   However, this is still not ideal as it involves multiple keypad/softkey presses to be able to view the line key labels.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

I would like to see a response to this post. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Polycom:

Were you able to reproduce this issue? If so is their a fix?

HP Recommended

Hello all,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community is not a replacement for the normal outlined escalation procedure so therefore if an urgent response is required you should either follow this up via your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support.

I have not personally tested this so I am unable to verify if this is working as designed or of this is a bug.

Please check as advised via your Reseller or Support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
I will open a service request. 2nd time in 3 years I have ever had to do so. The first one was last week, also an issue with a vvx 3xx/4xx (dhcp issues after upgrade to 4.1.5).

I am sure as more of these are deployed, more people will post issues or open service requests for vvx issues.
HP Recommended

Hello all,

I had some time playing with this today and I believe this is currently working as designed.

The focus of the phones GUI changes to the transfer option and due this the "main" screen is covered by that window.

A feature request would need to be raised in order to add the functionality to return to the main screen displaying the BLF line labels.

In addition I will bring this to the attention of the product manager.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Another reseller here chiming in that this needs to be fixed ASAP.  I will not sell this phone without the ability to see the button labels during a call transfer!  Another vote here for a "feature request".

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello PDXRUNR,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I had actually already raised this myself internally as a bug and engineering is currently addressing this. I have no exact ETA when the new software will be released that includes this functionality.

If you want to open a service ticket with our support team to track the issue please quote VESC-2808.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi,

I see a new firmware update was release recently (5.0.0.7250) for the VVX 410.  However, this issue is still present and was not resolved in this release.  Just curious if you have any more ETA info on this one Steffen?  I can't sell these phones until this is resolved.

Thanks!

Louis

HP Recommended

Another update: 

Current software version : 5.0.1.4068

And this is still not fixed.  The "Transfer To" Screen still covers the button labels and you can't see them to choose a destination to transfer to.  Still can't sell the VVX line of phones with this "feature".    Please advise.

L

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.