Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX 300/400 acoustics

Occasional Contributor

VVX 300/400 acoustics

Is it just me or is the acoustical quality of the VVX300/400 not as good as the soundpoints using G711? It seems clear but like there's a thin piece of tissue paper in the way. Is there any sort of setting that could "brighten" up the audio?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX 300/400 acoustics

Hello WCIKevin,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Are you sure you are not mistaking this with the different sidetone behavior on the newer phones?

I would suggest you work with your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support in order to "play" with the parameters to adjust this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Occasional Visitor

Has anyone resolved this?  I have 2 new VVX-310's running the latest OS revision from Polycom and the audio quality is extremely dim.  It seems like there is an issue with not only the sidetone, but also the overall gain.

Message 3 of 5
Frequent Advisor

We are experiencing the same issues,
we have over 1000 VVX Polycoms deployed.

I added side tone, in some offices enviorment it helps but some it makes it much worse.

Message 4 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello all,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As already advised in my original reply I would suggest you work with your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support in order to "play" with the parameters to adjust this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 5 of 5