Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX 300/400 browser applications

Visitor

VVX 300/400 browser applications

I am trying to use some XML browser applications that were developed for the VVX 500/1500 on a VVX 300/400.  The page displays ok, but I can't seem to find any way to select the page links.  All of the documentation I can find for the browser support does not reference these models.  Can someone tell me how to enable browser navigation in a VVX 400 or point me to the correct manual? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: VVX 300/400 browser applications

Hi Sdolloff

The admin guide page 479 shows the settings for the browser.

What software version are you running? What PBX are you using?  Have you tried the following in the phone config?:

<mb>
    <mb.main.home mb.main.home="http://xxxxxxxx" />
    <mb.main.idleTimeout mb.main.idleTimeout="refresh rate in seconds" />
  <mb/>

Cheers

Dave

Message 2 of 8
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Dave,

what sdolloff is after is utilizing links embedded within an displayed microbrowser page.

I am not aware if sdolloff already is utilizing the latest SDK examples that are provided => here <=

Please ensure that currently used Software versions are included in any follow up post.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 3 of 8
Regular Visitor

I have same problem, on VVX300 i can not use navigation keys left/right/up/down to select  links. I must use tab softkeys, it is very user unfriendly. It works ok on IP331,IP335, IP650,IP5000,IP7000 but crappy on new VVX :( 

Message 4 of 8

Hello Frenk,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 5 of 8
Regular Visitor

Problem is on VVX300 and VVX400 both running FW version 5.4.0.5841

Message 6 of 8

Hello all,

The Tabulator Soft Keys shown below are used to navigate inside a Web Page:

Untitled.png

If the above is not the desired functionality please work with your Polycom Sales Engineer or work with your Polycom reseller to request this as an enhancement.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Message 7 of 8
Regular Visitor

I know about tab softkeys, but why i cant use hardware navigation keys as on IPxxx models?  This is a big degradation of browser behavior on VVX. 

Message 8 of 8