Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Guys,

Anyone have tried using VVX 300 AUX port to be connected in Amplifier?

Is this only plug and play and what type of AUX cable will work for this?

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello giselle,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Can I kindly ask you to reference the Admin Guide?

The UC Software 5.2.0 Admin Guide states on page 247:

• Aux port This port is used to connect Polycom Expansion Modules to Polycom VVX phones. This port uses a synchronous peripheral cable interface (SPI) cable.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thank you for the clarification. May I know which port in the VVX 300 we can set up a headset or speaker or amplifier?

We have it in IP 320 (the Audio port or headset) is there any same port for VVX 300?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello giselle,

The quick start guide for example => here <= shows clearly what connections are utilized for the headset for example.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Is it possible to assist me on this, my target set up will be VVX 300 will connect on a speaker or amplifier

with audio jack port. But since VVX 300 don't have this port and on your provided link showing that

audio output should be a RJ port and Serial port. Do you have any idea how we can use a audio jack port

or is there any other idea that you can advise to me?

Thank you.

Regards,

Giselle

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen , Polycom,

Our query is quite urgent as we have just deployed serveral VVX 300 phones at the customer site is this is a pending action point.

The customer has a VVX300 phone that uses the PA functionality to broadcast announcements around their offices.

They have an amplifier with a a 3.5mm Jack plug that they would like to connect to the VVX 300 phone.

We know that the audio output from the VVX300 uses the RJ11 (headphone) socket.

Q. Do you know if there is a polycom cable with RJ11 conenctor at one end and 3.5mm stereo Jack plug the other end?

Q. Do you know what pin out of the RJ11 connector is so we could solder the correct wires ourselves?

Q. Is there another way to output audio from the VVX phone to the amplifier?

I found a link with a cable that i think would be suitable however i would appreciate your advice before reverting back to the customer. http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/RJ11-4p4c-telephone-cable-to-3_543058643.html

Thanks for your support

Lee

HP Recommended

Hello all,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The inner pins  (2 and 3) on both handset and headset ports drive the earpiece speaker. The inner pins are a differential mode signal – there’s no reference ground as there is on a 3.5mm jack for example.

You would need to decouple between the a  3.5m jack and the RJ9 pins via an isolation transformer, otherwise the microphone and speaker will couple to each other and you’ll get interference on the output.

The interface cable referenced on the initial post on the forum would not be suitable in this case.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply. Yes it was helpful as we now know how complex it is to take a VVX audio output to a 3.5mm jack plug.

In the end we decided to utilise a differnt solution to take the output direct from the PABX instead of via the phone.

Cheers

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.