Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX 300 Not saving ring type

JosLav
Occasional Contributor

VVX 300 Not saving ring type

I have a VVX 300 phone and I am trying to set the ring tone through the phone settings. Going to Basic -> Ring Type and setting to a different ring works, and on incoming calls that ring is applied, but if the phone reboots the ring settings returns to the default. The ring tone is currently not being set through the server or cfg file, so it isn't beeing over written, it seems like it just doesn't save.

Is there something that needs to be enabled in order for the ring setting to save and still be enabled after a reboot?

The phone is currently on version 5.0.1.4068

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX 300 Not saving ring type

Hello JosLav,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Please update your software to a currently supported Version like UC Software 5.5.2 or UC Software 5.4.6

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2