Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have tried searching for this and checking the advisories but am comping up blank.

My company sells Polycom phones and we recently started selling VVXs instead of SoundPoints. We just rolled out a pile of VVX 310 and have the following two, likely related issues:

1) Buddy watch status on the main screen isn't displaying the correct status. On a VVX 310 with color expansion module we have 53 contacts with 48 of them set with Buddy Watch enabled. Buddies may or may not show the correct status on the main screen, yet the Buddy Status list (More->Buddies) shows the correct status (if the buddy shows up at all, but that's issue 2). A reboot doesn't resolve anything. We've updated to the latest firmware as well. We've never had any issues with Bussy Watch on the SoundPoints.

2) The Buddy Status list (More-> Buddies) is acting strangely and was incomplete after downloading the 53 contact directory. The list is supposed to be alphabetical, but started at 'S' and only went to 13 buddies. If I deleted a contact the Buddy Status list would start at one name lower and decrease the number of buddies shown by 1. After deleting another contact with only one buddy showing caused the list to start with 'A' again and show the correct amount of buddies, although I was down to 40 from 53. When I added a contact back and enabled buddy watch on it the Buddy Status list only went to 13 buddies again but started at 'A'. Also, any buddies not showing in the Buddy Status list may or may not show the correct status.

I'm baffled. I reset and formatted the file system on a few of the phones and upgraded the firmware on all of them with no change.

The phones are on a FreePBX/asterisk system, but presence is set correctly as the Buddy Status list show proper status'.

Phone details:

000008.461|so   |3|00|Platform: Model=VVX 310, Assembly=3111-46161-001 Rev=A Region=0
000008.461|so   |3|00|Platform: Board=3111-46161-001 2 0
000008.462|so   |3|00|Platform: MAC=0004f2603180
000008.463|so   |3|00|Platform: BootBlock=3.0.4.0249 (46161-001) 30-Jan-13 18:17
000008.464|so   |*|00|Platform: BootL1=1.0.0.0051 (46161-001) 10-Jan-13 21:45
000008.464|so   |3|00|Application, main: Label=Updater, Version=Jasper 5.6.0.8213 03-Jul-15 20:30
000008.464|so   |3|00|Application, main: P/N=3150-11069-560

000008.493|app1 |3|00|Application, load: Type=SIP, Version=5.4.0.5841 03-Jul-15 20:45

Any word on when the next firmware update might be?

Thanks,

Jeff

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
Hello Jeff

There may be a bug in certain scenarios with Buddy watch.

Please work with your Polycom reseller to open a case with Polycom support and quote vesc-5044

Replied from a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.