Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

[VVX 310] Can't add contacts to directory

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: [VVX 310] Can't add contacts to directory

Hello @Imperra,

I am unsure who Rogers is but I would inquire with them.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 11 of 15
Occasional Advisor

Quick question, where do I put the 000000000000-directory.xml file for it to be recognized by the phone?

Message 12 of 15

Hello @Imperra,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 6, 2012 Question: How can I create a local directory or what is the 000000000000-directory.xml used for?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 13 of 15
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

That FAQ didn't answer my question.

I know how to create the file and what it does, I just don't know where to place the file so that my Polycom VVX311 recognizes the file and uploads it to the phone.

Thanks

Message 14 of 15

Hello @Imperra,

The phone loads all its configuration from a provisioning server.

The same is applicable to the directory file.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Message 15 of 15