Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

PoE injectors don't usually cause link issues.  What kind of switch are they using?  Is it configurable at all?  If so try setting the port on the switch and on the phone to 100/Full.

You can also connect the phone to the power side of the PoE injector and your laptop to the data in side.  This should give you link.  If not the cables are bad or all the phones are.  If you do get link then it is a switch issue.

HP Recommended

Hello ,

the unit was sold via WESTCON GROUP EUROPEAN OPERATIONS LTD

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I apologize for bumping such an old thread, but was this issue ever resolved? I too have three new-in-box VVX400 phones that were purchased on Amazon after being sold to Westcon by Polycom.  None of the three phones will acquire an IP address on my network.  I've switched to different networks as well as different switches and cables but cannot get an IP.   The pass through switch on each of the phones works as desired. 

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Alan

HP Recommended

Hello Alan,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

Please also include if you are using a SIP server or a LYNC server

If LYNC or Skype please provide Version details and if these are on premise of off premise

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

A wireshark trace may be helpful but would need to be looked at by Polycom support so please raise this via your Polycom reseller.

If the reseller is some Internet discounter and is unable or unwilling to do this please provide me with a MAC address of one of the phones and I look this up.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I resolved my issue by changing the DHCP boot option from Custom-Opt66 to Option 66

HP Recommended

I resolved my DHCP failure issue by turing off all the VLAN settings in Network configuration in the phone and rebooting it.

HP Recommended

@kismetdoo wrote:

I resolved my DHCP failure issue by turing off all the VLAN settings in Network configuration in the phone and rebooting it.

Hi, when you say turned off all settings- You disabled everything in this menu (attached photo)? I have been screaming for help on this for weeks now and cannot figure it out. I have a Cisco ESW-48port switch. 

HP Recommended

Hello @cgallego,

minimum basic information missing from your reply:

• Software Version of Polycom phone
  • New or used Phone?
    Has this ever worked or does this work on another switch?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Hello @cgallego,

minimum basic information missing from your reply:

• Software Version of Polycom phone
  • New or used Phone?
    Has this ever worked or does this work on another switch?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Sorry about that:

Polycom VXX410

Rev: 5.7.1.13261 

New phone bought from Amazon reseller. 

Phone worked on an HP switch for testing using an injector so I know it can pick up DHCP from other switches. When I connect it to my actual phone switch (Cisco ESW-48Port) it does not pick up an IP address. I've looked all over the place and cannot figure it out.  

HP Recommended
Has anyone figured this out. This is crazy I have tryed three poe injectors a poe switch and the polycom power cord. And still no ip my computer works fine through the pc port of the phone vvx 501 but once it powers up no ip for phone or pc. It driving me crazy. Ps I switch this phone another location on an old Apple express and comes right up. I know it’s a network issue but just have no idea why or how.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.