Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Our company is currently in the process of migrating from RingCentral to Zoom for VoIP/SIP services over the next few months. Our fleet of VVX 310 phones were previously configured with a pretty standard digitmap string "[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT|**x.T|+x.T" that came as part of RingCentral's default provisioning config. Once I re-provisioned a few of these devices it was immediately apparent that Zoom does not set this config by default and is showing little interest in adding this to their default config. They do however provide the ability to bind a custom provisioning template to a device or group of devices.

I've tried adding the following string --> dialplan.digitmap="[2-9]11|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxT|[1-9]xxT" to the template and binding it, but it seems to conflict with Zoom's default config and in the end leaves me with an unprovisioned device. I've also tried wrapping the digitmap in the following "<PHONE_CONFIG> </PHONE_CONFIG>" with no change in end result.

Has anyone had any luck getting a zoom custom provisioning template working at all? Not sure what i'm missing or if this is just a "feature" that Zoom hasn't really tested themselves.

Thanks in advance,

Sol

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Any update on this? Did you figure it out? My company is making the switch to zoom phone, also, and I need to provision a set of polycom vvx phones. Would love to see your provisioning template if you got it working. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.