Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I hope someone can help me with an issue with my phones.

I have VVX 310s, and recently the screen goes white with the error "Not Registered" appears on the screen. It lasts for about 10 seconds and the phone is back to normal. It even happened when I was on the call, but the call was not dropped. This has been happening multiple times throughout the day, and to mulitple phones.

I have firmware 4.1.8 with SRTP enabled on the phone. Anyone has an idea what the issue is with the phone? is it a faulty phone?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello truong.kha@8x8.com

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Why would the phone be defective if it works ?

The message is simply telling you that the phone has lost it's registration. Once it re-establishes it again the message will disappear.

The message is telling you that there is a problem with the registration to the server that you should investigate.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

and

Apr 23, 2013 Question: How can I setup SRTP / Secure RTP?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above FAQ post's show you how to troubleshoot this and you can then work with your SIP provider on how to action that the registration is no longer lost.

Maybe simply shorten the registration Interval. Have a look in the Admin Guide for reg.x.server.y.expires

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

Thank you for your response!

I thought of that and checked before posting my question to the forum. On my server, I do not see the phone losing registration, and as mentioned in my post as well that it happened while the user was on the call, but the call was not dropped.  It has been happening multiple times during the day so far.

HP Recommended

Hello truong.kha@8x8.com

you may want to look at the basic's of SIP for example explained => here <=

In order to make a call you send SIP messages between the Phone / Server. The phone usually registers to a Server but you can also make simple IP calls.

Once the call is established there is usually no requirement to send further messages (all depending on the setup / scenario) and the RTP / SRTP flows between the two phones / servers.

Just because the call is still up does not mean the phone needs to be registered.

You need to do a bit more troubleshooting based on the above linked FAQ posts or other sites that can be found via Search engines and after exhausting these raise a case via your Polycom reseller or with who looks after your server.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.