Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX 3XX/4XX "Call Pickup" BLF Key defaults to SIP URL dialing when attempting to transfer

SOLVED
Occasional Visitor

VVX 3XX/4XX "Call Pickup" BLF Key defaults to SIP URL dialing when attempting to transfer

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm not awfully sure where the following behaviour is set.

I have a call pickup BLF key set on my handset, which dials *8 (call pickup feature code on PBX). When I pick up a call using this BLF key and try to transfer, my screen displays "SIP:   ", expecting a SIP URL.

I know I can simply press "Number" and enter the destination extension number, but it is inconvenient for my users.

This particular behaviour only happens in this exact scenario. Dialing *8 instead of using a BLF key programmed to dial *8 defaults to Number rather than SIP URL, which is the behaviour I want.

I would be grateful for any assistance with this.

I have recreated this across several software versions, beginning from 4.1.7 up to 5.6.1.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX 3XX/4XX "Call Pickup" BLF Key defaults to SIP URL dialing when attempting to trans

Hello @kaliboi,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I have just added this to the FAQ

Dec 06, 2017 Question: How can I disable URL:Dialing?

Resolution: Please download => this <= and unzip and import via the Web Interface

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Occasional Visitor

Re: VVX 3XX/4XX "Call Pickup" BLF Key defaults to SIP URL dialing when attempting to trans

Thank you, Steffen. I added this to my sip.cfg file and works perfectly.

Message 3 of 3