Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Everyone,

I am a software and web developer for Reliance Foundry in Canada, and we are currently using Shaw SmartVoice service through fiber. Most of our employee received a VVX400 as phone, and two receptionist phones (VVX 600).

Everything is working fine. We would like to customize the phone's directory. Shaw offers a portal that allows you to manage the phones (<removed>), but even after setting up the directory on that website, the phones seems to don't receive it.

I asked help for Shaw and they told me that they don't know how to set it up, in other words, this feature is then currently unavailable. I can't accept it when I am a developer that can fix that issue. If our carrier can't, I would deeply appreciate in Polycom could provide to me access to the source code, or the ftp of each phone, so then I can manually modify it. And maybe, if I fix it, I can provide the solution for Shaw too.

Thanks in advance.

Armin

<removed>

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Armin,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Access to our source code? I am not sure if you are serious with this question.

I am not sure which provider you use but Polycom does not host your solution so we cannot give you any access to any server.

If you have your SIP credentials from your Provider you can host your own server.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

What I meant with source code isn't the Polycom proprietary software, but the config files. I saw in other posts a couple of users with access to files (I guess inside of the phone or some sort of server, like ftp), and I saw they modifying it for their own will. One of the cases apply for me, which is to modify the directory list (common contacts) or all phones in our company.

You said that you aren't sure which provider I use, but I wrote in the title Shaw User, being Shaw from British Columbia (Canada) the provider. The lines at my company seems to be running from a server address: cloudpbx.shawbusiness.ca

boot server: deviceconfig.cloudpbx.shawbusiness.ca/dms/PolyTemplate

I have also my AOR here. Let me know what else do I need to be able to modify the common contacts of all lines at same time.

Thanks for your patience. 

HP Recommended

Hello Armin,

As long as you have access to Admin Interface aka the Web Interface using the Admin Password you can create your own configuration accessing an LDAP compatible server.

What types we do support is stated in the FAQ or the Admin Guide.

Any other local directory would need to come from your service provider.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
Shaw offers a portal that allows you to manage the phones

Yep, there is a web interface and I have the administrator credentials, as I mentioned before.

The problem is, even with the pages (or options) to set up the directories (Common Phone List, Personal Phone List, Enterprise Directory, Custom Contact Directories), the phones/devices are not receiving those changes. Any other change not related with directories work just fine and are sucessfully deployed to the units. JUST the "directory" functions of the web interface that are NOT working at all.

I am attaching a screenshot for you.

HP Recommended

Hello Armin,

The Web Interface of the Phone and not the Platform itself.

If you have no access to that then there is not much you can do.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.