Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am using VVX400's with the newest 5.0.1 firmware.

I would like to disable the stock DND softkey. The web interface states: 

"The items marked with '*' cannot be disabled through the Web Configuration Utility. You can disable a soft key from the phone user interface or using parameters in a configuration file."

The DND softkey only places the phone in DND and does not tell the server (asterisk in this case) that the phone is in DND, which breaks management software such as isymphony and FOP2. To get around this in the past, I have created my own softkey that places the phone in DND and also fires a *76 feature code to toggle the user's extension into DND mode at the same time.

I assume it is not possible to alter the functionality of the built in DND softkey... which is possible for many other phones made by other vendors.

The only thing I can find in the Admin guide is this:

If you want to enable server-based DND, you must enable the feature on both a registered
phone and on the server. The benefit of server-based DND is that if a phone has multiple
registered lines, you can apply DND to all line registrations on the phone; however, you cannot
apply DND to individual registrations on a phone that has multiple registered lines. Note that
although server-based DND disables the local Call Forward and DND features, if an incoming is
not routed through the server, you will still receive an audio alert.
Server-based DND behaves the same way as the pre-SIP 2.1 per-registration feature with the
following exceptions:
 You cannot enable server-based DND if the phone is configured as a shared line.
 If server-based DND is enabled but not turned on, and you press the DND key or select
DND on the phone’s Features menu, the ‘Do Not Disturb’ message will display on the
phone and incoming calls will continue to ring.

But I am not really understanding what polycom considers server-based DND and how do I configure it to communicate with Asterisk correctly? The guide is extremely vague and not very helpful. There has to be a way to accomplish this as it is a very basic feature in other phones.

Please advise. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello TylerCMS,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The community's search functionality shows the following result's when searching for "DND" => here <=

At present the newer VVX has no possibility to remove this feature. It has been raised internally but I suggest to simply raise a ticket via your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support to increase the visibility.

When using the search functionality with the word "based" it shows multiple post's.

The most important one, and the first search result, explaining the server based DND and FWD is => here <=

Polycom has released the documentation to implement the server based DND and FWD functionality back in mid 2012. So far , to my knowledge, nobody has yet implemented this in the Asterisk Open Source project.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

How is it possible that this has been missed in the last several firmware updates?  This is a simple request that has ALWAYS been possible in previous phone series.  Why on Earth would Polycom want to prevent this key from being removed?  This tiny issue causes huge headaches for your customers and needs to be resolved in the next release!

HP Recommended

Hello solstars,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Whenever new products and new GUI's are introduced a target audience helps manufacturers to focus on the most important and requested functionality.

Removing of the DND or Forwarding functionality was not one of them.

We have since had reports that users would like this feature added and should re-introduce this in a future version.

If you still would require this urgently please work with your Polycom reseller so they can bring this to the attention of a Polycom sales Engineer.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Just to add my comments - I have had a number of my customers ask that this softkey be disabled as well.

JM2C

HP Recommended
Hello all

Please ensure to check the latest release notes or the community FAQ.

The same question was only asked days ago.

Example:

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/Disable-or-remove-the-DND-Softkey/td-p/61381

Replied from a mobile device

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.