Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I just talked to 2 other people that have both requested this feature but got no response.

HP Recommended

Hello dandenson,

how have they requested this and do they have any reference for me?

In addition 2 people may have done this but again it depends on their real estate of Polycom phones and future sales.

Simply asking for this does not remove the priority of other customer requested features. I know nothing about your own Infrastructure or the other two people you mention.

This is all explained here:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UCS Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I understand that there are priorities to even consider new features.  This one is asked for pretty commonly and it's nicely supported on virtually every other handset.

I'm a small vendor, I have about 500 phones in the field and of that, only about 120 polycom VVXs.  I'd do more, but the customer experience is just better on the yealinks because of this one feature (on an asterisk PBX...).  I'd love this feature added to the polycoms because people generally prefer the look and definitely the sound quality of the polycoms.

I feel like you have a lot of small vendors that don't cross a threshold to get on the list.  And many others that go straight to cisco or maybe yealink for lack of this UI feature.

HP Recommended

Hello dandenson,

still a reference to follow this up internally would be great.

And maybe a video clip and a wireshark trace from a competitor phone to compare the signalling.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
I've put in a new ticket with my vendor to follow your feature request proceedure.
HP Recommended

We are just switching to Polycom phones and I was shocked to learn they cannot do basic call parking like any other phone I have even used.

When we trained our uses how to park and retrieve parked calls with two different keys they thought I was crazy for choosing a phone with such a backward parking functionality.  To make it worse, I havnt found a way to light up the key where a call is parked.  This must be fixed soon.

HP Recommended

Hello Curt,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Different manufacturers use functionality differently.

In order for you to raise this as a Feature Request please follow the community's VoIP FAQ post here:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UCS Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I see two pages asking for this over the last year.  Is polycom responding to this in any way other than instructing us to add a featire request?

I will enter the featire request as you suggest, will I get feedback on how polycom is prioritizing this?  At this point i cannot reccomend these phones for other locations.

HP Recommended

Hello Curt,

This post mainly discussed this feature on Asterisk Digium and the other post I am not aware.

You can raise a feature request and it will be prioritized accordingly to the urgency and the size of the opportunity.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I tried to put in a feature request, but the faq tells me I cant.  It has to be entered from my reseller.   So; I will ask my reseller to enter this requett.

I am pretty surprised that after a year of multiple people requesting this pretty standard feature that Polycom has not update or feedback.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.