Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm trying to push this config w/ provisioning.  I've tried quite a few things and nothing is working.

currently, I have added a custom.cfg file to the phone load and it contains:

<ptt ptt.pageMode.enable="1" ptt.pttMode.enable="1" />

The phone is pulling this config file *AND* it is enabling pttMode, i get a 'Talk' button.  It is not enabling a "Paging" soft key though.  If I manually enable Group Paging in the webUI or phone console, it does show up.

Phones are running 5.2.0.8330 but this seems like a long-standing feature so I don't think firmware version is the issue.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I suggest exporting or backing up your config and simply copying and pasting the very same parameter into your own configuration.

In addition I would suggest using a currently supported software version like 5.2.3

Replied from a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
I suggest exporting or backing up your config and simply copying and pasting the very same parameter into your own configuration.

In addition I would suggest using a currently supported software version like 5.2.3

Replied from a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

was making a mistake typing ptt.pttMode (copying the pageMode syntax), needed ptt.channel. instead.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.