Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We're currently testing a VVX400 before we decide to deploy them.  Version 5.0.1 of the software was downloaded and installed on the phone.

At the moment everything seems to basically work like the Sounpoint IP phones.

The only thing we are having trouble with is trying to assign speed dials to the line keys.  We've tried using the same lineKey configuration we have been using on the IP550 & IP650, but nothing appears and all we get are just the registered lines showing.

Our linekey configuration looks something like this:

<lineKey         lineKey.1.category="Line"        
                           lineKey.1.index="1"
                           lineKey.2.category="Line"
                           lineKey.2.index="2"
                           lineKey.3.category="SpeedDial"
                           lineKey.3.index="1"
                           lineKey.4.category="SpeedDial"
                           lineKey.4.index="2"
                           lineKey.5.category="SpeedDial"
                           lineKey.5.index="3"
                           etc.... 
     >
            <lineKey.reassignment.enabled lineKey.reassignment.enabled="1">
            </lineKey.reassignment.enabled>
     </lineKey>

This configuration works for the IP 550 & IP 650.

Is lineKey configuration done differently on the VVX 400?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello st6212,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

A quote from the UCS 5.0.0 Admin Guide page 198:

• This feature is available on the SoundPoint IP 450, 550, 560, and 650 desktop phones or Expansion Module.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Given that the SoundPoint IP 450, 550, 560, and 650 phones cannot even run UC 5.0.0, why is that content even in the UCS 5.0.0 Admin Guide?  Wouldn't it make more sense to NOT include it, since including it can only lead to confusion?

-- Nathan

HP Recommended

Hello Nathan,

I have raised this as a document bug as the UCS 5.0.1 Admin Guide also contains this reference.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The OP's original question remains unanswered.  

"Is lineKey configuration done differently on the VVX 400?"

The obvious answer is yes, so my question is, where is the documentation that details how to correctly provision speeddial?

HP Recommended

Hello all,

the whole functionality is currently not available on the VVX Platform (VVX300/400/500/600) and therefore you cannot assign any keys. This includes Speed Dial.

If you add a speed dial via the directory file they will appear based in the index.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello all,

just in case anyone finds this post whilst using the community search UCS 4.1.6 added flexible line key support to the VVX Phones.

UCS 5.0.0 or UCS 5.0.1 do not currently support this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Flexible line key is still included in the Admin Guide for UCS 5.1.0. Is it still a document bug or has this version (I'm willing to use it with UCS 5.1.1) started supporting the feature?

HP Recommended

Hello BRM,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

UCS 4.1.6 and UCS 4.1.7 or UCS 5.1.1 support this feature for the VVX phones.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for the confirmation.

I will give it a try at some stage and update with a feedback.

Regards

BRM

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.