Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX 400 reboots 4 or 5 times a day

Occasional Visitor

VVX 400 reboots 4 or 5 times a day

Has anyone experienced this?  I have 4 new sites up with about 10 phones each.  2 sites have no issues and 2 have random rebootiong issues on some phones.  Any clue?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX 400 reboots 4 or 5 times a day

Hello global,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to mention the currently used software version and maybe in addition the SIP server you are using.

Also ensure to provide details on when the phones are rebooting. For example if they are idle or in a call.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Visitor

the boot rom software was 4.1xx befor the uograde i did this w/e  I have to put that phone on site and try it.  It is working on an Asterisk bix ver 11.x

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello global,

above information does not contain the requested details.

The community's VoIP => FAQ <= contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

I suggest you check your <mac>-app.logs on your provisioning server if they contain any error messages.

Also are you using a simple SIP server or LYNC?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4