Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX 410 Call History Incorrect

Occasional Visitor

VVX 410 Call History Incorrect

I have two 410's which show the call times in the on-screen history is being wildly incorrect. The current time on both phones is correct, but the history will show things like "February 7th, 2036". Both are on firmware version 5.5.0, which is pretty recent. I was just wondering if this has been fixed in a newer version, and if so, which one?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX 410 Call History Incorrect

Hello ReDermet

We had a similar post a while ago and if you use the search with 2036 you should find it.

We where never able to replicate this in our labs so please escalate this into support

Replied via a mobile device

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 10
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

I haved encounter this issue multiple time before

I still have this issue with VVX 311 on firmware 5.7.0.11768

Here a example of call log, it happen in both direction, in and out :

<call direction="In" disposition="Normal" line="1" protocol="SIP">
<startTime>2036-02-07T02:23:13</startTime>
<duration>PT12S</duration>
<count>1</count>
<convID></convID>
<ChangeKey></ChangeKey>
<isRead></isRead>
<source>
<address>00</address>
<name>Intercom</name>
</source>
<destination>
<address>2561</address>
<name></name>
</destination>
<connection>
<address>00</address>
<name>Intercom</name>
</connection>
</call>

<call direction="Out" disposition="Normal" line="1" protocol="SIP">
<startTime>2036-02-07T02:23:15</startTime>
<duration>PT16S</duration>
<count>1</count>
<convID></convID>
<ChangeKey></ChangeKey>
<isRead></isRead>
<source>
<address>2561</address>
<name></name>
</source>
<destination>
<address>*97</address>
<name>Messagerie</name>
</destination>
<connection>
<address>*97</address>
<name>Messagerie</name>
</connection>
</call>

Message 3 of 10

@Olivier Thibeault

as explained use the search as there are detailed instructions how to get this into Polycom support => here <=

Replied via a mobile device

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 10

Good afternoon Steffen,

Do you know if this was ever brought up to Polycom support?

I've recently started getting multiple reports of this issue across many devices we have deployed. I have counted 601 devices with 2036 entries in their calls.xlm file.

I have tried 'sed' the -calls.xml file and updating the year back to 2018 and then factory-defaulting the phones, but once the phones come back, the dates are incorrect again.

I'm curious if this is related to something in the SNTP server, for we use time.nist.gov on all our devices.

Any information you can provide would be very helpful. The devices are running firmware version 5.4.5

Message 5 of 10

Hello all,

we believe we have addressed the issue in our code. 

The fix will go into the following releases:

• 5.9.2      planned for Mid-March
  • 5.8.4      planned for April
  • 6.0.0      planned for April
  • 5.7.5      no date planned as of yet
  • 5.5.6      no date planned as of yet
  • 5.5.5      no date planned as of yet

All of the above are subject to change but you should see reference to a NTP bug in the release notes.

A factory reset may be required to clear the local call list on the phone.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Message 6 of 10

Thank you Steffen!

Message 7 of 10
Occasional Contributor

wow Steffen actually admitted there was a problem? That's the first.

Thanks!

Message 8 of 10

Hello @conmbo2 ,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

As only 2 customers managed to report this back into Polycom in a manner that enabled us to actually try and replicate and then fix this it took us a while.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Message 9 of 10
Occasional Contributor

Hi Steffen,

I was just teasing. Yes this helps because we have three instances of this issue occurring and we cannot find a solution. 

Thank you,

Message 10 of 10