Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

When I try to use Directed call Pickup (or pickup/retrieve for parked calls), the phone always says "please enter contact".  We are using 4.1.6 but tested on 5.0.1 also.  Has anyone gotten it to work properly.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello zyg,

we have discussed this in the community before and several post's covering the same topic can be found via the community search functionality => here <=

The most detailed post should be this => here <=

Please provide some details on the SIP switch that is being used and if it supports the relevant signaling that is needed for the feature to work.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The problem is that the phone is not even sending the request to the switch.  The other posts were dealing with GroupPickup which requires subscribsions or BLF pickups which are different .  And one was regarding setting up a efk.  My question is regarding using the regular built-in softkey, why is there no request being sent out from the phone to the server.

The Switch is the same as for all the other polycom phones which work properly.

HP Recommended

Hello zyg,

such information is usually quite helpful when originally posting as it can provide some insight into the setup that is being used.

If you are talking about the 

feature.directedCallPickup.enabled

then this behaves absolutely the same on a SoundPoint IP 650 (UCS 4.0.5) than on a VVX410 (UCS 4.1.6)

• You lift the Handset
  • You select Pickup (on the VVX press more first)
  • Dial your number you would like to pick up
  • Press Directed Pickup

The phone will then send a SUBSCRIBE message to the server.

If the above does not match what you are doing please provide more details or work with your Polycom reseller to bring this to the attention of Polycom support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The 650 is sending a SUBSCRIBE but the vvx410 on 4.1.6 is not.  

HP Recommended

Hello zyg,

I did personally test this in my lab both on UCS 4.1.5 and UCS 4.1.6 before replying to your post and it does send the SUBSCRIBE.

Please raise this with your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi, 

My Vendor had the same problem after I showed him the steps.  I have attached a video to confirm that you are folowing the same steps.  Please confirm.

HP Recommended

Hello zyg,

in your case the display does not even show you pressed the digit 7 and seems to return into an idle state still showing the line as being used.

I can only assume you have some kind of miss configuration or something else but you will need to raise this with your Polycom reseller in order to get our support team to look at this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.