Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am running into a few different issues and I was wondering if the community had any insight into this.

I want to setup a default provisioning profile to configure some options on the phone, like background or screensaver.   Once I put any sort of default configuration on the provisioning server, I lose certain functionality.  

Such as presense, when you use the phone to make a call, it no longer marks you as busy in the Lync client.  Also the reverse is true as well, if I were to mark myself as busy with the client, the phone still states available.  In the configuraiton of the phone it still shows that presense is enabled, it just doesn't do anything.  

Can I use provisioning and BToE? 

Thanks, 

Rogan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You can name your centralize configuration file anything you like.  I used the name shared.cfg.  Add in the recommended configurations by Steffen to your features.cfg file.  I have them in my configuration file also.

device.set="1"
device.baseProfile.set="1"
device.baseProfile="Lync"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Yes, you should be able to.  I use a shared.cfg file to provision my VVX 600s with BToE.  What version of UCS is running on your VVX 410s?

HP Recommended

Hello Rogan,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

There is no requirement to enable anything in order for LYNC to synchronize contacts with the Phone.

You simply factory default a phone, put it into LYNC profile either via the Key Combo or a configuration file from a provisionining server an all is done.

I suggest you run Software UCS 5.0.2

Please remember and aware of the following when utilizing UCS 4.1.0 or later:

The use of Polycom UC Software versions 4.1.X (“Software”) requires the purchase of a separate Software license for every device that will use the Software in a Lync environment. You may not install, access, or use the Software in a Lync environment on more devices than are listed on your license until additional licenses have been purchased and authorized by Polycom. These licenses should be purchased from the same company from which you purchased the devices. You may operate devices against a Lync server for trial purposes for up to 30 days without purchasing a license. Use of the Software is subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement.

Polycom reserves the right to audit your deployment to verify that you have sufficient licenses to match the number of devices being used.

Information in regards of License Part Numbers can be found here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

UC Software Version

BTOE 2.1.0

The way I initially did it was created a Features.cfg and a 00000000000.cfg.   All i have in the features.cfg is a background.  As soon as I set up a phone to connect to the provisioning server and run the update, the background is applied.  I then lose the sync between the client and the phone.

is there a file called shared.cfg?

Stephen,

The issue I am having is that I lose the sync between the phone and the lync client once I use a Provisioning Server Config file.  If I pick up my phone and make a call, it does not set my LYNC status as Busy.    I have not tested to see what other features I lose.  That was just the first thing I happened to notice.

HP Recommended

Hello Rogan,

as explained you really do not need to set anything for LYNC.

Simply factory reset the phone and then press 1,4 and 9 once it has booted up.

If you want to provision the phone to run LYNC but also load personalized settings simply modify the 000000000000.cfg to something like this.

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- Default Master SIP Configuration File-->
<!-- For information on configuring Polycom VoIP phones please refer to the -->
<!-- Configuration File Management white paper available from: -->
<!-- http://www.polycom.com/common/documents/whitepapers/configuration_file_management_on_soundpoint_ip_p... -->
<!-- $RCSfile$  $Revision: 155258 $ -->
<APPLICATION APP_FILE_PATH="sip.ld" CONFIG_FILES="basiclync.cfg" MISC_FILES="" LOG_FILE_DIRECTORY="" OVERRIDES_DIRECTORY="" CONTACTS_DIRECTORY="" LICENSE_DIRECTORY="" USER_PROFILES_DIRECTORY="" CALL_LISTS_DIRECTORY="" COREFILE_DIRECTORY="">
   <APPLICATION_SPIP300 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP300="sip_213.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP300="phone1_213.cfg, sip_213.cfg"/>
   <APPLICATION_SPIP500 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP500="sip_213.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP500="phone1_213.cfg, sip_213.cfg"/>
   <APPLICATION_SPIP301 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP301="sip_318.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP301="phone1_318.cfg, sip_318.cfg"/>
   <APPLICATION_SPIP320 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP320="sip_335.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP320=""/>
   <APPLICATION_SPIP330 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP330="sip_335.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP330=""/>
   <APPLICATION_SPIP430 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP430="sip_327.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP430="phone1_327.cfg, sip_327.cfg"/>
   <APPLICATION_SPIP501 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP501="sip_318.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP501="phone1_318.cfg, sip_318.cfg"/>
   <APPLICATION_SPIP600 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP600="sip_318.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP600="phone1_318.cfg, sip_318.cfg"/>
   <APPLICATION_SPIP601 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP601="sip_318.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP601="phone1_318.cfg, sip_318.cfg"/>
   <APPLICATION_SPIP670 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP670="sip_404.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP670=""/>
   <APPLICATION_SSIP4000 APP_FILE_PATH_SSIP4000="sip_318.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SSIP4000="phone1_318.cfg, sip_318.cfg"/>
   <APPLICATION_SSIP6000 APP_FILE_PATH_SSIP6000="sip_404.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SSIP6000=""/>
   <APPLICATION_SSIP7000 APP_FILE_PATH_SSIP7000="sip_404.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SSIP7000=""/>
</APPLICATION>

Then create the basiclync.cfg file and place this plus anything else you want into it.

<test device.set="1" 
		lcl.datetime.time.24HourClock="1"
		tcpIpApp.sntp.address="pool.ntp.org" />

Above will place a factory reset phone into LYNC mode and ensure it has a valid NTP server in case the DHCP server does not provide a time. 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

You can name your centralize configuration file anything you like.  I used the name shared.cfg.  Add in the recommended configurations by Steffen to your features.cfg file.  I have them in my configuration file also.

device.set="1"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.