Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX 410 line in use?

Frequent Visitor

VVX 410 line in use?

We have our company in two rooms in our house and three lines on our phone. Does anybody know how to set up an indicator on the 410 that will tell me (in one room) that my wife/partner is on the phone (in another room)? The manual is kind of dense and I can't find anything.

There must be some way to show all three lines on each of our phones - but I'll be damned if I can figure it out. Thanks.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX 410 line in use?

Hello @woodyhinkle,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

Please also include if you are using a SIP server or a LYNC / Skype for Business server.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Must Read First" and is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include. .

In addition providing us with this basic information gives Polycom an idea what Software Versions are used in the field and avoids wasting time trying to troubleshoot issues which have already been addressed.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 10
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

OK, since I cannot see any way to edit the original post, the phone is using SID and th sofware version is 5.5.1.11.596.

Seems like a lot just to find out where a button is, but there it is.

Message 3 of 10

Hello @woodyhinkle,

It should be common courtesy to provide as much detail in an original post as possible as this enhance the chances to get an answer. This is also stated in the MUST READ FIRST post.

In addition you still did not answer what type of SIP switch or provider you are using.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Aug 06, 2013 Question: How can I use the Buddy Watch feature?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

or

Nov 4, 2011 Question: How can I setup a Busy Lamp Field / BLF with an Digium Asterisk SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Both of the above would allow you what you are after but as we are missing the basic minimum information if you even have Admin Access to the phones there may be follow up questions.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 10
Frequent Visitor

That was a bunch of no help at all. Thanks anyway.

The "common courtesy" crack was uncalled for as well. 

Message 5 of 10

Hello @woodyhinkle,

as already outlined we state the basic minimum requirement for a new post in several posts throughout the community.

Therefore having to ask for the basic information slows down the experience.

In addition it provides us with valuable information if yourself, as an end user, would even have access to the settings in order to enable you to make the changes yourself.

As you still have not provided any such detail I posted detailed instructions that should enable you to implement this providing you have access to the device settings.

If you are unable or unwilling to do this the next step would be for you to raise a ticket with whoever sold you the phones.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Message 6 of 10
Frequent Visitor

Jeeze- just forget it. You're more intetested in and spend more time lecturing me than offering any sort of support or help. Or even telling me how to work my way through your dense user manual.

Iy's a nice phone with horrible customer service. Sounds like a review title, doesn't it?

Like I said, forget it.  Just forget it.

Message 7 of 10

Hello @woodyhinkle,

I am not lecturing you. I am simply making you aware of the rules of this community.

Every answer, once you provided the minimum information, was an answer that could help you.

If you fail to see why we need to know these basic details or are unwilling to provide these then nobody can help you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Message 8 of 10
Frequent Visitor

Dude, you seriously need some customer service training. A confused customer, a new customer not familiar with your 233-page manual,or a customer who does not traffic in technology is not a bad person, just a confused customer. Condescension lends nothing to the effort.

Truth is, as a new customer not familar with your phones, I was confused by your directions. Call me stupid, but maybe try a little harder to help. Like I said, you need to invest a little time in customer service training. A haughty attitude doesn't do you or your company any good.

Message 9 of 10

Hello @woodyhinkle,

I give up with this as you simply misunderstand this free community.

• Nobody within this community is being paid by Polycom to reply. This community is open to everyone to professionally discuss issues around Polycom products. It is open to our resellers and End Customer and Polycom employees like myself may monitor this to keep the discussions to a certain standard.

This is reflected by my signature for every post.

• I can only apologize if you took offence to me reminding you of the basic minimum content a post must contain. This is outlined throughout the community especially within the MUST READ FIRST.

Everybody not posting this will be reminded in the same way.

My 2nd reply to your original post contained the relevant information for yourself to most likely address your issue but you failed to provide anyone again with basic details. Subsequent posts also did not reply to this.

At no point did I ask you to study our 642 pages admin guide.

I originally considered either closing or deleting this post but I will leave it open for anyone else volunteering within this community to try and help you.

Your official entitlement for support is via your Polycom reseller in case nobody replies to this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Message 10 of 10