Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We recently installed v5.3.0 in a Lync 2013 environment and now we continually see "Contacts synchronizing" flash in the upper right under the date/time. I'm not sure if this is referring to "Favorites" contact synchronization, Lync Address Book synch, or Exchange/Outlook contact synch. Any guidance is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello UC_phill,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am not aware of such issue and can only recommend to work with your Polycom reseller to bring this to the attention of Polycom support so we can check this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Had the same problem show up with 5.3.0 and Lync/Exchange 2013. Back a few weeks ago all was fine. In those two weeks were playing with UCS and then the Skype for Business update showed up. At some point along the lines we got the "Contacts Synchronizing" continually - no idea what triggered it. In an attempt to debug the issue, I set the VVX's logging on "Applications, Lync ABS and Exchange Client" to trace - did a reboot and to cut a long story short, problem disapeared. Setting log levels back to default and all still remained fine. I then repeated this on a VVX reporting "EWS not deployed" and presto, it is magically fixed too. All very odd if you ask me.

-mick

PS I should note that at no time did we see issues with any of the actual Lync 2010, Lync 2013 or iphone lync clients.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.