Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX 5.4 - Changes IP

Occasional Contributor

VVX 5.4 - Changes IP

We have a Polycom VVX 410 deployed w/ UCS 5.4 and we're seeing an odd behvaiour where the phone suddenly changes IP from our internal space (10.x.x.x) to 172.24.x.x. We do not serve that space internally, and I have DHCP snooping enabled and there are no other DHCP servers on the network. This seems to happen exclusively when the PC connected to the switch port goes to sleep.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX 5.4 - Changes IP

Hello babecassis,

I briefly tested this but I am unable to reproduce.

Please work with your Polycom reseller on raising a support ticket with Polycom directly and provide as much details as possible.

Example:

• Make & Model of PC and what Operating system
  • Ethernet Speed
  • Is BToE being used or not

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<==== Signature / Disclaimer ======>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee

Re: VVX 5.4 - Changes IP

Hi babecassis

Can you list the details of the PC and a few other things?

* Make and model number of PC

* Network card details

* Upstream switch details

* How is the phone powered?

* Does it follow this specific PC or does it affect multiple models?

Just wondering if we have a similar setup here within Polycom we can test on.

Message 3 of 3