Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello all,

I'm looking to get peer to peer video working between VVX 500/600 series phones (with the option video camera) and VVX 1500 devices while registered to a Lync 2013 environment.  Yes I understand that this is an unsupported scenario but there are numerous posts around that detail that this works in the peer to peer scenario given that the phone share common video codecs

Jeff Schertz details this scenario in the blog post - http://blog.schertz.name/2013/09/polycom-ucs-5-0-for-vvx-phones/.

I have enabled video calling on two VVX 1500 phones but when I connect a call between the two users video is no started.  Each phone is signed into Lync using PIn authentication, both have UCS version 5.3.0.12074.

I have tested scenarion where the phones are registered to Lync 2010 and Lync 2013 Standard Edition pools with no success.

Interested to see if anyone had got this working ?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello GMcClintock,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The VVX1500 does officially no longe support LYNC if running UC Software 5.3.0

From the UC Software 5.3.0 Release notes page 3:

• VVX 1500 business media phones (Microsoft Lync not supported)

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

Thanks for the reply - some questions

- What is the latest UCS firmware version that Polycom will support with the VVX

- WIll the VVX1500 be supported in future versions of the UCS firmware

- What UCS version is required that allows me to register to a Lync 2013 and allow peer to peer video calling as demostrated in the link from Jeff Shertz in my original post

HP Recommended

Hi ,

I am in the same situation, but I have the VVX1500D Phones (5) with version 5.2.3 (the last firmware to support the Lync base profile).

Every feature works while registered to Lync 2013, but when we try to call to other VVX1500 the call keeps in audio mode.

Do we need to do some special configuration on the Lync server? or  Do we need to enable H.323 on the phones?

Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Hello jman1982,

The VVX1500 should be capable to utilize video with other VVX1500 or VVX500/VVX600

I can only recommend to contact your Polycom reseller so they can raise a case with Polycom support so we can look at this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for your reply.

I have a case opened , Case Number 1-1195925456, and there is no agreement between the support engineers.

One Engineer told that is supported,  and another one that is no supported.

I already tried with 5.2.3 version (last version that supports Lync Base Profile ) , no success , I downgraded to 5.0.1 and no success .

I dont know what else to do. I am open to suggestions .

The phones registered , audio calls works just fine , the main issue is the video call between them.

Can you help me out?

I am very upset , I thought Polycom was a serious Company , but so far I feel , they dont have the intention to help the customer. 

Thanks , I hope in this way , someone can help me.

HP Recommended

My story sounds very much the same. Found out the long and hard way to keep bumping up the firmware until the Lync profile dissapeared. I found I could still connect to Skype for Business all the way up to 5.4.5. However still no luck with VVX1500 to VVX1500 video. I am wondering if it may be a config thing. Not sure... stuck. Of course the VVX1500 being the top of the range. We gave 6 of them to our senior execs. So IT is looking like idiots at the moment. All the other users are happily working away with their cheaper, lessor phones. Then our CEO, CFO, COO etc all have this fancy phones that do not work. Well, we managed to get voice working. That is at least one thing.

HP Recommended

Hello WarrenD,

The VVX1500 is no longer supported after UC Software 5.3.x for usage with either LYNC or Skype.

Prior to this using UC Software 5.2.0 or later is is only an Audio device.

Using 5.0.x or later it can be used for Video between a VVX1500 an/or a VVX500 / VVX600

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I will give that a try and then come back to the group. So I can get the video working between 1500 and 1500. Only if I install firmware older than 5.2. I will find the latest, which is just before 5.2 and test it out. Then if we have issues on the Skype side of things, I will upgrade to just prior to 5.3, which I think is 5.2.5. Then see how that goes. I did notice that when running 5.2.5 audio worked and it logged into Skype. I had an issue with BToE though. It would not pair and would bomb out with an error message. I am running BToE 3.3.1. Perhaps an older version of BToE would work with this? As upgrading to 5.4.5 rts79 solved my BToE issue. The phone worked fine with Skype audio calls. It is missing the Lync profile, but it seems to function if it was previously configured with an older firmware version. If it is not supported though, I would ideally like to go back to 5.2.5 (however we need to fix the BToE issue). Of course without video which is a dissapointment. 

Ideally if I could get the VVX1500 video to VVX1500 working. With the phone connected to Skype and BToE working. Then it would be great. So I will try out the older firmware and then get back to you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.