Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX 500,600 firmware upgrade

Alan_Twigg
Occasional Contributor

VVX 500,600 firmware upgrade

Hi Everyone

I used to be able to upgrade\downgrade the firmware on all our phones by using the phones built in software upgrade feature. Web interface | Utilities | Software Upgrade - I choose Polycom Hosted Server and click on Check for udates, I am currently using firmware ver 5.2.0.8330, There are newer versions available and if I select any of the newer or later firmware versions, click on Install - nothing happens! - I suspect our network\firewall team have put some restrictions in place

Diagnostic Log

0820091947|cfg  |*|00|RT|Changed prov general
0820091947|cfg  |*|00|Prov|Starting to update
0820091948|copy |*|00|Server 'downloads.polycom.com' said 'voice/software/3111-44500-001.sip.ld' is not present
0820091948|cfg  |*|00|Prov|Starting to update voice/software/sip.ld
0820091948|copy |*|00|Server 'downloads.polycom.com' said 'voice/software/sip.ld' is not present
0820091948|cfg  |*|00|RT|Changed prov general
0820091948|copy |4|00|Configuration of URL failed
0820091948|copy |4|00|Configuration of URL failed

When we choose to upgrade the firmware via this method are we using HTTP or FTP to access the download server ?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX 500,600 firmware upgrade

Hello Alan,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Apr 21, 2015 Question: Unable to upgrade the Phone via the built in Software Upgrade Web Interface utility

Resolution: This is a current bug and please setup a local provisioning server as shown => here <=. Check the release notes for VOIP-97822

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2