Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

I think I an just a little slow here so ideas would be appreciated... I am trying to upload a couple ringtones to my VVX 500 over the web interface in the Ringtones / Custom audio files section. I am using a standard .wav file.  It is pretty small (900K).  When I choose it from my computer using the interface and it tries to upload, I get the following message: The audio file storage limit has been exceeded.  I have nothing else stored on the phone.  Is this file too big?  I cannot find the available memory space.

Thank you,

John

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello John,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Did you check the UCS 4.0.1 Admin Guide against the List mentioned on Page 256?

Customizing Audio Sound Effects

You can customize the audio sound effects that are used for incoming calls and other alerts using synthesized tones or sampled audio files. You can replace the default sampled audio files with your own custom .wav audio file format. The phone supports the following .wav audio file formats:

• mono G.711 (13-bit dynamic range, 8-khz sample rate)
• mono L16/16000 (16-bit dynamic range, 16-kHz sample rate)
• mono L16/32000 (16-bit dynamic range, 32-kHz sample rate)
• mono L16/44100 (16-bit dynamic range, 44.1 kHz sample rate)
• mono L16/48000 (16-bit dynamic range, 48-kHz sample rate)

Note: Supported Audio Formats

The L16/32000 wav format is supported only on the SoundStation IP 6000, SoundStation IP 7000, and VVX 1500 phones. The L16/44100 wav format is supported on only the VVX 1500 phones. The L16/48000 wav format is supported only on the SoundStation IP 7000 and VVX 1500 phones.

Does above match the File you attempt to load?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

This answer doesn't seem to apply to the question asked.   As I read it, the question was about the size limit for the wav files.  For example, I find some files load just fine, while others do not.  Is there a combined size limit within the phone for uploaded wav files.  I don't find it in the Administrators Guide, and its not really a technical support issue - more of a curiosity for planning purposes.

For instance - looking at the log one finds this -

add2Quota - App 'tone&se' Exceeding Quota (614400 bytes)

Yet, the line below states this -

Failed to find tone nice_16.wav - using default

since the file is there, permissions are correct, and syntax is correct, it begs the question - have I ran out of space for wav files - and what is that size limit - is it 614400 bytes?  And if that is the case - what is included in building that space - the tones files and the custom tones?

HP Recommended

Hello- Were you able to make any headway with your issue? I am running into the same problem, I go to add a custom .wav ringtone to the phone through the web interface. The file is 840kb. I receive the same message: "The audtio file storage limit has been exceeded". Nothing else had been uploaded to the phone. Is there a way to clear space?

Thanks!

-Mike

HP Recommended

It's a mystery...no one knows the file size limitation???

HP Recommended

Hello all,

I have updated the community's VoIP FAQ contains post here to include the current details from the latest versions of UCS Admin Guides (UCS 5.2.0, UCS 4.0.5 ,UCS 4.1.0, UCS 5.0.1 and UCS 5.1.0 ):

Oct 25, 2011 Question: How can I change my Ringtone or Ring in a special manner for a certain incoming call?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please be aware that to my knowledge the combined size of additional Wav Files is actually only around 200KB but I am currently clarifying this internally.

Please bear in mind that the Phones main prerogative is to be a phone so it does not really cater for megabyte large Wav files.

Once I have the correct value I will update the FAQ post.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I can let you know from playing around with sounds, the biggest file I have be able to successfully play is 122.5 KB.

131.2K KB seems to be "too big"

HP Recommended

I was able to get a 127.5 KB file size to play on a vvx411 phone.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.