Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a VVX 500 that fouled up during bootup and now it's stuck in a bootloop.  It keeps reading, "Could not download xxxxxxxxxxxx.cfg, using existing configuration."  Then it says application not present and reboots.  I know I need to factory default the phone, but since it already has the non-default admin password, it is a non-alphanumeric password.  How do I enter an admin password that has special characters using the dial pad?  Anyone else experienced this and have a workaround?  I tried using some of the dialpad combinations like 1, 3, and 5 and 0, 1, and 3...but no luck.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

-Michael

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello mshorey,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 10, 2012 Question: I get the error Message "error loading 00xxxxxxxxxx.cfg" and then Phone continues to reboot

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above basically means you have formatted the file system and deleted the Phone application.

You therefore need to setup a provisioning server as explained here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Also you may want to read:

Oct 10, 2011 Question: How can I reset / Factory default my Phones configuration?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply Steffen.  I am supplying an option 66 that points to the provisioning server on the router the VVX 500 is connected to.  To verify the option 66 was still working, I registered another 500 via the same router, and it grabbed it's configuration successfully.  I would like to get into the setup of the phone, but am unable to do that since the admin password had been changed to one that contains special characters via the phone configuration on the SIPPS.  I am not aware of a way to input a password that contains special characters via the dialpad.  And of course I'm unable to get into the webgui as the phone keeps rebooting.  Thoughts?

-Michael

HP Recommended

Hello mshorey,,

you should simply be able to factory reset the phone if you know the password.

The above reply shows a post on how to do so and explains that this needs to be done during the countdown.

You can change the characters via a key on the phone from numerical to alphabetically.

If you require further assistance please work with your Polycom reseller.

We do not discuss within this community on how to reset the Password if it is lost.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.