Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX 500 - Can't Set the Time

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

VVX 500 - Can't Set the Time

I can't seem to set the time on the phone. From the web interface I have setup a time server and set my time to Pacific (GMT-8) but for some reason the phone is showing GMT. Doesn't matter what time zone I specify it stays the same. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX 500 - Can't Set the Time

Hello KevinE,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The time takes precedence from the time server delivered via DHCP.

There are already a few posts in regards to that discussing this. Using the community search and the string "sntp" you can find them => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I still haven't sorted this out.

I looked at the time settings on my router - I can also set time zone and server in there as well as disable NTP. Tried changing all 3 on the router end and no update on the phone.

What am I doing wrong?

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted

Hello Kevin,

did you follow up the search results I posted?

The next step is to check the phone logs or even do a wireshark trace.

This is all explained in the VoIP FAQ but you may want to contact your Polycom reseller for further support on this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I have contacted my resellor. We tried changing DNS servers on the phone and they also recommended a wireshark trace. However was unable to do this as they thought I could not mirror a port on my cable modem/router.

This is driving me nuts.

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted

Hello Kevin,

did you or your reseller follow up any of the post's I highlighted in my original reply?

If all fails your reseller needs to contact Polycom support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Message 6 of 6