Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have a VVX 500 Polycom phones in a customers home. We have a Digium Switchvox controller at the head-end and we can only get the call feature to work. All other features are disabled or not functioning. Digium claims that they can only support SoundPoint IP phones....after speaking to someone at Polycom I was told that it should be 100% compatible. Could someone please point me in right direction, our client is becoming frustrated with this situation.

http://www1.digium.com/en/products/switchvox/systems/switchvox-phone-feature-packs

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Josh,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Digium clearly state the supported Phones on the link that you posted above. It is for Digium to decide what Phones and especially what Software running on these phones they support.

Depending on the Software Version on the phone in Question (VVX500 is at least UCS 4.0.x) the Switchvox Platform simply may be unable to provision this phone with the correct parameters.

Our support agent is correct in the statement that we are compatible as we support the SIP standard but you may need to manually program the phone so it can utilize the features that you are after.

Please checkout the FAQ as it explains quite a vast amount of features.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

What other platforms do you recommend to use with this phone other than Digium? I saw the FAQ PDF and it states that it should be compatible with the approved platforms, but they are not mentioned anywhere.

Also, is there a setup guide for the manual parameters?

HP Recommended

Hello Josh,

I am checking internally as for the correct link for the Interop Platforms but it is partners like Siemens or Broadworks just to name a few.

For your second query I am unsure what specific Digium Switchvox features you are refering to but you may be better advised to post something like this in the Digium community as they can possibly advise you of any workarounds.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I appreciate the response. Could you please post the link for the approved platforms for my reference as a back-up, just in case Digium does not work out?

And my second query was directed to the VVX 500 phones manual settings, not the Digium. Sorry if I was not clear in my last post.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.