Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX 500 - Disable Active Call State Softkeys

Highlighted
Contributor

VVX 500 - Disable Active Call State Softkeys

I'm trying to disable the softkeys that appear during Active Call State i.e. Hold, End Call, Transfer, Conference.

While I was able to disable 'End Call' through the parameter softkey.feature.endcall="0", I'm having a hard time to find out how to disable the other SoftKeys that get added during Active Call State.

Thanks,

Ali

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX 500 - Disable Active Call State Softkeys

Hello Ali,

I think this is working as designed.

The UCS 4.0.1 Admin Guide states on Page 502:

softkey.feature.basicCallManagement.redundant

Control the display of the Hold, Transfer, and Conference soft keys. If set to 0 and the phone has hard keys mapped for Hold, Transfer, and Conference functions (all must be mapped), none of the soft keys are displayed. If set to 1, all of these soft keys are displayed.

As the VVX500 (not tested by myself) does not have any physical Buttons this may be currently the expected behavior.

Any changes to the current software should be raised via your Polycom Reseller in order to bring this to the attention of a Polycom Systems Engineer. 

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: VVX 500 - Disable Active Call State Softkeys

setting '..redundant' to 0 disables the softkeys while the call is connecting but once the call has connected, a new set of softkeys appear.

Message 3 of 3